My left kidney is smaller than the right one
Today I had ultrasound check of my kidneys. The size of the right kidney was 10.4 cm and that of the left one was 8.1 cm. The radiologist wrote on the report that the left kidney is smaller than the right one. The difference between the two kindney sizes is 2.3 cm. But the creantine shows that the kidneys are normal. But the urine analyis showed unrinary tract infection.
My question is: What may be the cause of the small size of my left kidney?
Let me tell you that I am hypertensive since the last one year. I have been taking losartan potassium 25 mg every morning for nine months. Also, in 2008 I had stone in the right ureter. Due to blockade of the right ureter, water has collected in the right kidney and the right kidney had become larger than before. But PCNL technology helped the stone to be removed from the ureter.
I wonder if the past condition of my right kidney is linked to the small size of my left kidney.