Urology Community
My son is peeing blood but has no infection????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

My son woke up Tuesday morning peeing blood. There was no trauma where he was hit in the kidney and nor bruising anywhere.
we took him to the doctor that afternoon and they did severalt tests on him and his has no infection in his blood and his kidney is working like it's suppose too. I'm very confused as why he would pee blood.
Then today Friday he wakes up and it's gone. I'm worried that we or the doctor are not seeing something, not testing for something.
I need some help freaking out a little bit would like some advice.
I've read a lot on line the last couple days and have read that it could be kidney disease?
Please help
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Presence of blood in urine is called hematuria. Causes include lesions of the urinary tract, trauma, tumours, malaria or stones in the urinary tract.

I feel that without clinical examination, pinpointing a diagnosis is tough. Also a complete urine examination and culture may be required. Please consult a urologist for confirming the diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

WEll we got all the results back from the urine culture and it was negative. The doctor did do a complete urine culture and everything was normal there was no sign of infection. I'm just really confused at how he can pee blood for 24 hours then nothing.
I've read on line and I read the same thing that he needs to be checked out and we did take him to the doctor and had all the test run but his doctor told us since there are no signs of infection and they did a blood test to check the function of his kidneys and that was also normal. That they would not test him anymore unless it happens again.
My youngest is going to be 1 next week and he has kidney reflux I didn't know if that could be related?
At this point I'm still very worried that we are missing something.
You might want to consult with another doctor and give him or her the information regarding the kidney reflux in your youngest. This issue needs to be infestigated further and should not be dismissed as a one time incedent.
It is bad enough to have this happen as an adult, but when it is your child, I can understand your concern. Don't waste your time with a doctor who won't take this serious. There can be many different causes and it can take time to determine the cause of the hematuria.

All the best