Need Surgery on a abdominal muscle anyone know what it is?
I am looking for a muscle that is in the abdomen that can effect a persons sexual performance. Like as in a rare full muscle partial or muscle rupture. This is not a psychological problem or anything like that. I literally felt a muscle snap and immediately went limp. I can literally point to the two sides of the muscle and say that is it right there. No doctor i have been to can properly diagnose it. It is a muscle that is from my belly button to the edge of my pubic hair. Is in constant pain but not overbaring. The pain is about 2 inches below my belly button. I have what is called a 10 second erection and it is directly linked to this injury. I went to a Urologist and he told me everything down there is fine with my, uh, penis. Like the skin is still fully attached to the muscle wall. That isn't it and i knew that just a little background. Also, i didn't break the shaft. My erection when i get one has zero reflexive tendancies. Like before It used to hit me in my belly button, now it hangs to the floor. It is not a disease at all because i caused this injury to myself on accident.
Also, I have been to a urologist and that is why i am posting in a urology forum. However, they basically misdiagnosed me and sent me to a general surgeon that is trying to resend me to a urologist. Who's resposibility to correctly diagnose this issue because this is a run around. Any medical professional know what this is? It is very similiar to a posting by a zack94 and he's getting the same run around
Hi there!

There is no muscle in the abdomen that can affect ones sexual performance. Erectile dysfunction can develop due to a variety of causes. Psychological stress, performance anxiety, depression, neurogenic disorders peyronie's disease, body image issues, medications, alcohol, smoking, drugs/medications, hormonal imbalance, radiation therapy, kidney failure, metabolic disorders, multiple sclerosis, hypertension, diabetes, prostatitis, urethritis etc. just to name a few. Anxiety and stress play an important role in adolescents in the development of erectile dysfunction; and is the most common possible cause. At a primary level, I would suggest being a bit relaxed and working on the psychological factors. You could also see a psychotherapist/ behavioral therapist for the same. It might also be beneficial to get rid of factors like smoking/ alcohol/ drugs, if involved. In case this doesn’t work, or you have difficulty controlling anxiety; I would suggest seeing a urologist for an evaluation of the above mentioned causes and appropriate specific treatment.    
Hope this helps.    

Take care!  
You are obviously not a Dr.. I am not a Dr. and i can name several muscles that can effect ones erection. It all comes from the penile suspensatory ligament and the muscles surrounding them. So your obviously a bad doctor.

May 23, 2013
..

If you do the latter, add the word "anatomy," and it will take you out of the world of Yahoo Answers and into the world of anatomical textbooks, which would be more helpful if you are trying to i.d. a muscle.  Here is a small section of what I found on a quick search:

"     Central Perineal Tendon (perineal body)
    Located at midpoint of the line dividing the urogenital from anal triangles
    Mass of collagenous and elastic fibers
    Deep to skin
    Anterior to anal canal
    Posterior to bulb of the penis (male) or vestibule (female)
    Site of attachment for
        Bulbospongiosus
        Superficial transverse perineal muscles
        Deep transverse perineal muscles
        External anal sphincter
        Fascicles of muscle from external sphincter urethrae and levator ani ..."

In your shoes, I would look up some of those terms and see what they all are.  Good luck.
I'm sending you a message since we can't post links in forums.  I think I might have found the answer to your problem.  There's something called the suspensory ligament of the penis which helps support the penis and keep it upright during an erection.  It's actually sometimes surgically lengthened to make the penis hang down farther and look longer, but it's not supposed to be disconnected.  Go in and ask about that specifically.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/62355.php
Maybe you will learn something about being a doctor in this forum by watching real doctors do the work your supposed to already know.