Urology Community
Nephrostomy, Kidney Removal and Prednisone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

The reader's digest version:  I have had a nephrostomy since July 7; I'm not draining much urine from it (only about 15cc a day) and so the plan is to remove my kidney.  Problem:  I've had an extremely severe case of poison ivy that actually started just before the surgery and still isn't completely under control.  I had a 12 day course of prednisone and am now on day 6 of a 15 day course.  My kidney removal was supposed to happen on Aug 6, but now they have put it off b/c of the prednisone.  I wondering how long I'll have to wait, whether or not I can get the nephrostomy out while I'm waiting...basically I'm impatient with the pee bag, especially since there's almost no pee in it and it is, literally, a pain in the back.