Urology Community
Nephrostomy Stones and Antibiotics along with pregncncy!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I am 37 weeks preganant tomorrow have a nephrostomy tube on my right side from getting severe hydronephrososis from kidney stone blockage. On top of that I have a reacurring infection and they are not sure if it is caused by the stones or the fact of a tube coming out of my back. I have been on 5 different antibiotics but the latest one is macrodontin. My question is all of a sudden i am getting a horrible metallic taste in my mouth and excessive saliva! Is that a side effect of the medecine or is it another wierd pregnancy symptom or could I be developing a mouth yeast infection. ? I have two other kids and had no problems whatsoever with hydro, stones or infection.
It seems like kidney stones and yeast infections are commonly coincident. And antibiotics only make yeast infections worse. Have you been tested for yeast? Have you taken any antifungals? (Can you take those while pregnant?)

Also kidney stones are most often related to high dietary calcium intake (or vitamin D). Could that be an issue for you?