No Medical Insurance - Urinary Problems
For the past 10 days I have been experiencing minor lower back pain, pain in the bladder, and pain in my kidneys and ureter. I've been drinking lots of water in case I might have kidney stone(s) and taking CIPRO in case it's an infection and Phenazopyrid for discomfort. I've never had a kidney stone before but I did have gall bladder stones and had my gall bladder out 2 years ago. I'm so scared because I don't have medical insurance. Been trying for 6 months to get a job with benefits. So nervous that if I can't get better on my own I may have to go to the ER.  What if the ER takes me in but then they tell me I need to see a Urologist for my issues? How does one get treated without insurance? Are we left to fend for ourselves? The hospital can bill me and I can make small payments for the rest of my life if they would agree with that. I'm terribly scared that I will not be helped. Please, could someone shed some light on what folks can do when they need medical help and have very limited funds and no medical insurance.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your pain. Likely possibilities include infections, inflammations, calculi, growths/ masses etc. I am not sure how this would work without insurance if this does not get better. You could try contacting the social service department in your area and check if they would have a working option for medical coverage.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!