Urology Community
No feeling during sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

No feeling during sex

I have a great number of problems with my penis. One of which is that I experience absolutely no pleasure during sex. I feel almost nothing during sex actually. I can feel it moving back and forth but get absolutely nothing out of it. Also when I penetrate I can go in and out maybe 5 times before I ejaculate. When I am able to get up again and try again I can last a good amount of time but once again feel absolutely nothing. My penis is about 4 in erect and is not thick at all. When I hit puberty I'm not sure if it grew at all actually. My testicles hang much lower than my penis. It still acts the same as when I was a boy. It get up just from kissing a girl or sometimes even holding her hand. Most of the time i'm with my girlfriend I have to walk around with one hand in my pocket. I'm not thinking dirty thoughts either. I feel very little feeling during masterbation (masturbation), oral sex, or mutual masterbation (masturbation). Only one girl I have ever been with has pleasured me thoroughly. It also only takes me about 2 minutes if not less to masturbate. When I ejeculate half the time I dont even recieve pleasure. I have no heightened breathing or anything. More than half the time that I am hit there it doesnt hurt. I get punched and hit there just being a guy and half the time it doesnt even hurt. I have to act like it hurts just to feel normal. And my problems are getting worse. I am increasingly feeling less pleasure and feeling less. I can't even tell half the time my girlfriend is touching it. Please help me.
Well, I'm on the same situation. I don't usually feel any pleasure while having sex. Even before having a STD. (I feel nervous, ashamed, etc.) When I feel pleasure, it takes about 1-2 hours for me to ejaculate. So, the girl already had 1 or 2 orgasms. ¬¬" My doc said it could be something related to stress, nerves, etc. Do you feel nervous while having sex?
Do you feel a numbness in your penis? Talk to your doc (urologist).

Good luck.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Is there any other loss of sensation in other parts of the body or is this an isolated case?

Are there other associated symptoms of tingling or burning in the affected area?

Have you previously been traumatized or injured in the abdomen or lower back?

This loss of sensation may be due to an organic (e.g. nerve impingement, neuropathies) or psychological factors. Consult with an urologist for a complete physical examination. You seem not to have any problems with erection and ejaculation (is this correct)? You have mentioned that you do get aroused and can also maintain an erection.The only evident problem here is the lack of penile sensation. Your urologist may refer you to a neurologist for a complete neurological assessment. Has your testosterone levels been measured? Other blood tests to rule out systemic disease like diabetes may be necessary.
It's isolated to this area. No tingling or burning. Havent been tramatized. No problem with erection other than I get up extremely easily, but ejaculation is somewhat of a problem. Half the time i ejaculate i receive no pleasre. I dont believe i had had my testosterone levels measured.
I have the same problem with penile insensitivity.  Can it be from too much masturbating?  If I stop mast., will the sensitivity return?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

An isolated case of decreased penile sensation without associated problems in sexual response may be nerve related or it may also have a psychosomatic component.A complete neurologic examination may be able to define which possible nerve is involved.

At this point, a complete medical history is important.One must also consider psychological factors to play a role here.Increased levels of stress or high expectations from the partner during sexual activity may apparently lead to such conditions.Is this applicable in your case?

A sex therapist or counsellor may also be able to help.
There is a history of thyroid problems on both sides of my family. Could this play a role? I have relitavely no stress and have no expectations during sexual activity.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Hormonal imbalance may lead to decrease in sexual responses. With a strong family history of thyroid problems, I suggest that you have yourself assessed thoroughly.

Thyroid hormone (TSH and FT4 ) levels may be determined. A complete neurologic examination may still be necessary to rule out any underlying nerve problem.

Continue to observe your symptoms.Your sexual responses may vary from time to time depending on certain factors which may affect arousal and sexual climax. I am referring more to psychological factors than organic ones.If tests turn out to be normal ,a referral to a sex therapist or psychiatrist may be able to help.
I know you are not a neurologist, but are there any neuro-related sexual dysfunctions that can be healed????
Avatar_dr_f_tn

There are several neurologic disorders that may lead to sexual dysfunction. Most of these may be readily managed:

A spinal cord disorder,a herniated disc involving nerves that supply the genitals ,Parkinson's disease,multiple sclerosis, stroke,polyneuropathies secondary to alcoholism and diabetes   .

These conditions may be cause sexual dysfunction either directly or indirectly.