Urology Expert Forum
No semen during ejaculation
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

No semen during ejaculation

Posted By Shannon Rogers on May 10, 1999 at 16:39:27
Hi, my name is actually Shannon and my husband's name is George. We're both in our early 20's and have been married for two wonderful years. During the time we dated, my husband (boyfriend then) was diagnosed with a severe case of testicular cancer. He had one testicle removed, and after doing a biopsy on the lymph nodes in his lower abdomen, he was cut from his chest down and had all but one lymph node removed due to the spreading cancer (RPLND). He's currently fine - he's been in remission for almost 3 years, but there have certainly been some obstacles since his illness. The doctors told us then not to hope for children, but we didn't realize how severe the situation would be...My husband and I have a wonderful intimacy, yet he has absolutely no sperm now. And when I say he has no sperm, I mean he is completely dry even during ejaculation. The doctor we spoke with couldn't understand why there was absolutely NO FLUID at all since George had his surgeries. I just recently read an article regarding men who have gone through TC and have had RPLND.  In this article, retrograde ejaculation was mentioned, meaning a sympathetic nerve was severed during surgery and the semen goes to the bladder instead of the penis.  This is the first I have heard of the possibility, and I would graciously accept any info. regarding the situation.  Any advice would be appreciated as well.
Thank you and God bless,
Shannon Rogers

Follow Ups:

Re: No semen during ejaculation Gary 5/11/1999
(1)

No semen during ejaculation J. 5/30/1999
(0)