Urology Community
Non Cellular Debris in Semen Analysis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Non Cellular Debris in Semen Analysis

My husband and I struggled with infertility about a year and a half ago. We decided to get a SA done on him to make sure everything was okay on his side of the fertility battle. The first SA showed he had 12% morphology (normal is 30% or more) and had 2 x 10^5 white blood cells (normal is less than 1 x 10^5). A second SA two weeks later showed the same for white blood cells and morphology had increase to 17% not much of a change, but on this second SA, the andrologist noted that he had 4 x 10^5 of non cellular debris. Can anyone tell me what this could be? His urologist put him on a strong antibiotic twice a day for 6 weeks to clear up the white blood cell count. We ended up getting pregnant right after he finished his antibiotic but unfortunately miscarried. We're going to start trying again in a few months and we will be getting another SA done soon. His urologist didn't answer our questions, like what could cause a high white blood cell count, low morphology and non celluar debris (and what is that?) and he also told us our only chance of conceiving was through IVF. His total sperm counts were 208.8 x 10^5 and 161 x 10^5, so we had no problems there. Thanks in advance and sorry to run on, I just wanted to get all the details out.