Urology Expert Forum
Nonbacterial Prostatitis - help with pain (using TENS machine or other?...
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Nonbacterial Prostatitis - help with pain (using TENS machine or other?)

I may be the first woman writing here! My partner suffers a lot of pain through Nonbacterial Prostatitis - it reappears nearly every year for no apparent reason, then troubles him for several months (despite all available methods used, such as hot baths, hot water bottles, massage, Diazepam, codein, ... you name it.) and goes away eventually, again without any apparent reason/action. I wonder whether there are some other means to eliminate this (at times) excrutiating pain.

There are machines available in the UK (sold on the market and also used in hospitals), called TENS. They are supposed to suppress certain type of pain by various type of (electrical?) impulses. The question is: can these be used to minimise the pain and if so, where exactly to apply them (between the scrotum and anus or to the pelvic area?).

Can other (possibly even drastic) methods help with prostitis pain, ie cutting a nerve, full removal of the prostate or a urinary tube by-pass to prevent urine getting into prostate? Nobody mentions measures like these here.

We are getting quite desparate, as U can C. Helena