Urology Community
Normal Pubesant Growth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Normal Pubesant Growth

My question has to do with the normal development of the penis during puberty.  When I was 13 years 8 months old I had no obvious signs of puberty.  I recall a curious male friend introduced me to human sexuality (I was quite nieve and innocent at the time) and we compared genitals.  I remember the details well as this was a very strange thing to me.  I finally reach puberty at age 14 1/2.  I recall having enlarged breasts and a swollen epididymus on the left testicle.  I have always had problems with that testicle and have even had surgery at age 31 to remove cysts.  I currently have developed a spermatocele in that left epididymus.  My question however, revolves around the growth of the male penis.  Prior to puberty my penis measured 5" long and less than 4" in circumference.  Following puberty, I measure 5 1/2" long and still less than 4" in circumference.

I have emotionally always felt inadequate when it comes to penis size.  I know that I fall into a subnormal category per the Kinsey Institute research done many years ago.  In fact, I believe there to be less than 10% of males like myself.  I should also say that genetically, my father, who I now take care of, nor any of my three brothers are like me.  So, my question is, knowing that a majority of the penis growth occurs during puberty, what might have gone wrong with my pubesant development?
Tags: growth
Avatar dr m tn
Considering the size of the penis, I don’t think you have a significantly small penis and I do feel that sexual intercourse can easily be performed with this size of penis and you should not nurture this feeling of a lesser size of penis. The pubertal growth of your penis was absolutely normal and fine. I’ll suggest you to consult a clinical psychologist for the same. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.