Urology Community
Normal Testosterone Levels

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Viewing 201-204 comments:
Your numbers are too low if you are having the loss of erections and desire. You are in the normal range per the chart but if you have the problems you discribe then you would want to see your total test higher. I would first get an other opinion from an other doctor either a urologist or endocrinologist.
Next when you go to another doctor, tell them all your symptoms and have them do a complete blood work up checking everything as low testosterone can be caused by many things not just your testicles.
I started off with 115 total testosterone and im now at 880 doing self injections once a week and im now 45 years old. I also take Armix once a week to keep estrogen levels in range. Sex life and overall way I feel is great now.
One more thing, make sure you dont have sleep apnea. If you snore a lot get a sleep study done first as this can be the cause of all your problems including low testosterone. Fixing sleep apnea could cure all your other problems. If you dont have sleep apnea then procede as stated above.
Start working out, i am 44 and my test just came back last week. I workout 4/5 times week and my testosterone is 908. If you lay around the house and just get fat and don't workout what do you think is going to happen. Your doctor should have told you this. Now you want to know where to send my check.      
I am 44 years old 5.8 wiegh approx 206 been lifting weights for about 20 years lift most of the time, lift very heavy go three times a weak with 30 min cardio just got my blood work done to try to get testosterone replacement .Well got my test back and my testosterone level was 595 I am in solid shape naturally but was lookin to get little more size just going to train harder.
Dear Mr. aliveandkicking-
You are a MORON. Try eating right? try learning to spell "sicologist" I think you meant Psychologist. "Try see the glass half full and try getting out more? you writing here on a message broad your fine".... Who cares you can't get a boner and your wife is leaving you or cheating on you are you serious man? Low T can also lead to Alzheimer's, Diabetes, Osteoporosis and many more severe health issues. Plus you feel like crap, Testosterone is what make us MEN, period. With low T its pretty hard to enjoy life because you are depressed and grumpy cant sleep are fat so do some research and learn to spell.  Again you are a MORON.
Hey guys been reading a lot of posts, I have started Test-C injections talked to my GP who is a D.O. first and he told me that he had NO desire to help with low testosterone he would test me but unless it was super low not his deal. He said there are "those clinic with Doctor's that will do that" but he he showed no signs of helping me...... So I started reading a lot, a lot. I should say I am 40 yrs old lift 4 days a week and run 5-8 miles EVERYDAY so I put the work in but still not building muscle not loosing my gut yadayadayada. Like I said started reading went to a site hope this isn't taboo here... Steroids.com and got the scoope on all kinds of things and after doing my research thought I had lowT so I went to "One of those Doctors" and my total test came back @ 450 thats average for an 85 year old man, so anyway this doctor, he helped me! 200mg test-c once a week. So I guess do some research and remember its YOUR health and Your body don't let some one tell you what to do, period. As they always say GET A SECOND OPINION or a third or fourth there are doctors that will help you. Also I can not stress this enough do the research, most all current research shows these drugs aren't nearly as bad as the press has made them out to be, they are legal in almost all the world Canada, England, Germany, Japan etc. com'mon people  alcohol and smoking kill thousands every year, right? how many of you drink? or smoke? what's  the difference? you don't know anything about steroids really do you? but you do know you can die from a single over indulgence in alcohol right, just do your home work and if you think you could benefit from some help find a doctor to help and give it a try, if you do and find it's not for you want your a few bucks big deal, if it helps you may feel better than you have in years and your old lady will Appreciate the effort to also.
You guys know there is a much better way to increase test levels than HRT, right?  It's called nutrition and lifestyle.

Increase intake of zinc and selenium.  Try eating oysters a couple of times a week, and 3-4 Brazil nuts, morning and night.  Combine this with plenty of fatty foods (cholesterol won't peak.  Cholesterol levels are more a function of insulin sensitivity/resistance than dietary cholesterol.)  Your body will need the cholesterol in fatty foods in order to manufacture hormones, including testosterone.

Of course, my evidence is purely anecdotal, but in three months, eating 6-8 Brazil nuts per day, with supplemental zinc, and a 5-10 minute, high-intensity, full body resistance training session (olympic lifting; multi-joint movements, and a reasonably hight weight) 3 days a week, along with consumption of a LARGE amount of fatty, cholesterol-laden foods, like bacon, milk, and a LOT of red meat, I lowered my LDL cholesterol levels by almost 40 points, increased testosterone levels from 233 to 645, lost 20 lbs of fat, and gained 20 lbs of muscle.

Sleep is another big part of the equation.  Sleep deprivation causes elevated cortisol levels, which exist in inverse proportion to testosterone levels.  Cortisol also, by the way, is part of the mechanism for downregulation of insulin sensitivity, which leads to, you guessed it, cholesterol problems.  Make sure you are getting adequate sleep in a completely dark room.  Not even the flashing red light from your alarm clock is ok.  Get blackout curtains, and cover up every possible light source.

Low-t can be a tricky beast to fight because you will, inevitably, stress about your condition.  It may make you feel like less of a man.  The stress you experience will cause your body to increase production of cortisol, which is a stress-hormone.  The cortisol will cause your test levels to decrease further.  It's a pretty vicious cycle.  You may also want to have your doctor check for levels of sex-hormone binding globulin.  It neutralizes testosterone and other sex hormones.  Total testosterone counts are not the same as free testosterone levels.  

Another helpful thing to note is that the amount of fruit your doctor tells you to eat is A LOT more than you need, and excess fructose will increase levels of serum albumin, which binds with testosterone, and renders it inert.  This is a bad thing.  Simply put, there are very few fruits you actually need.  Stick to things like blueberries, in moderation, which are very high in antioxidants.  Don't listen to people who tell you to eat apples for fiber.  You'll get more than enough fiber if you're eating healthy amounts of vegetables, and you'll get them without dumping nearly as much fructose into your body.

Can you tell that biochem is my research focus?  Lol.  Hope some of this is helpful to someone.
  Hey Ed,
Believe it or not what your going through is pretty typical. As a physician's assistant, at your age it is normal to have this. In fact sometimes it comes and goes as I see in patients on a frequent basis. If it persists I think you need another doctor. You are right it is a quality of life issue. 45 is not old and your sex life should go on for many years to come. Of course your doctor does not care about your sex drive. It simply is not considered in the field of medicine necassary to get hard erections with explosive climax results. as far as normal level of testoserone they say 200- 850 depending on what doctor you ask. now I have taken care of guys as young as 19 and men in their late 60's and the level I consider borderline is no lower then 350 and even this is low. Will give an injection and usally would like to see from the shot over 500. if not high 400's. I have had a great sucess treating patients with cycles of testosterone. My advice is to go and find out from a doctor who specializes in testosterone replacement therapy. who will monitor on a regular basis and takes you seriously. Find out about the risks and rewards of hormone therapy. I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.
go see a urologist, I had same problem with family Doc and seen a urologist and now on testosterone replacement. ...been working real well, like an 18 year old again and I feel better. I am 42 years old
I am a 32 year old male with low testosterone and hypothyroidism and my testosterone at my first test was 298 then about 6 weeks later it was 199. My family Dr, started me on testosterone injections bi-weekly, and at my last test my testosterone is at 478.  

But my thyroid has started to stop working properly and my cholesterol and my triglycerides have both shot to over 300, and on top of that my insulin has declined and I am on medication for that also.  My weight had went from 285 to 360 in about 6 weeks.

I also feel that my bone density has diminished drastically, I just wonder if getting a shot of testosterone weekly would help boost my metabolism and help me shed weight along with getting my thyroid back to a productive level  
There is a lot of great information on here. Not that we are all trying to compare level as we all are facing the same issues, however my test level is only 80 right now. I went to my family doc 6 months ago explaining to him the same things we have all said here. 6 months ago my test level was 90, I started injections. 1 shot monthly, did that for the past 4 months and now as of today my level is down to 80. Not good at all. It's not helping and getting very frustrating. Now we are going to try injections twice per month and see how that goes. With a level of only 80, no wonder I can't get myself to do ANYTHING, I feel so tired all the time. Suggestions?
I have a similar scenario. I can get FreeT4 and TSH done [mid range] but T3 and its reverse is out of the question for normal requirements in many places.
I got the book by Dr Durrant -Peatfield and wised up accordingly, but the Docs all just want to believe T4 magic numbers and not get into probably expensive and exploratory areas of secondary hypothyroidism..
I did have a head injury 7 years ago and this was neglected, also.
I've had high BP lethargy, fatigue,sleep problems and lowT the latter now finally being addressed by Endo using creams for now. This is not my ideal solution- but movement in the right direction, at least.
I've seen that hypothyroid issues can affect Test. levels but not the reverse, Many of these metabolic interactions will take time to settle out and it seems you have a lot happening at once here.
That's an awful lot of weight gain, also. Diet/exercise advice?
I am internal medicine physician ,for almost 2 years now I have been having symptoms like mood swings ,fatigue ,low sexual drive ,I am 35 ,single ,my GF obviously not satisfied ,I checked my T level and came back at 267 ,
I honestly thought of moving on as the reference range says normal  above 200 ,until  I checked out this thread ,I am definitely going to see Endo or urologist to start me on HRT .
Thanks to every one for the feedback .
Yeah, just pray to Jesus to give you more testosterone. I just found mine is 119(L) ng/dl. Think I'll be going in for the shot as I have not enough energy to even pray.
I have a lot of the same symptoms. Still waiting for my lymes test, but got my positive MONO test back already. I have low t too. (119/ngdl). Going in for a shot. Some on here that are in sports will take shots if their T levels fall below 400.
I am 64 and have been on testosterone shots for. 4 years. My low testosterone is caused because I'm on morphine therapy for back pain which depletes testosterone in your body. Anyway, I have found that weekly shots are better than very 2 weeks or monthly. Weekly shots keep the level even. Whereas longer times between shots causes a roller coaster effect and you can feel the up and down. For me, between 80 mg and 100mg IM seems to help. There are possible side effects like increased PSA. On several occasions I have had to go off my testosterone for 4-6 weeks to make sure my PSA came down, which it did. So it's a balancing act, but well worth it. I have bee off it now for 5 weeks and my level is down to 100. So I'm looking forward to restarting it. Good luck!
My doctor says testosterone replacements such as Axiron can cause prostrate cancer in men especially over 50 like me.
I AM 42 AND RECENTLY TESTED THE SERUM TESTOSTERONE & REPORT SHOWS READING OF 1147, SO WHAT TO DO?
Hey there is most definately a connection between narcotics and low testosterone levels. I am 29 years old and suffer from severe chronic back pain, after two unsucessful surgeries, I finally gave in to temptation and switched from "semi-narcotic/almost" pain killers (nucynta) and a low dosage of hydrocodone and began taking Opana (oxymorphone) and hydrocodone. While soley on Nucynta I was still in a lot of pain but experienced no symptoms of low-T. After my second surgery hydrocodone was added to the mix for break through pain and within two months I noticed a significant decrease in libidio and energy levels. Over the next several months those symptoms had only become worse and with the addition of opana, I had NO!!! desire for sex and was always tired, I began having trouble maintaining and losing weight, I didn't feeel like myself anymore, and noticed I was only shaving half as often. I was very upset and confused about the symptoms, not making the connection myself. The lack of sex began seriously affecting my relationship. I still loved my girlfriend with all my heart and wanted to have a physical relationship with her. I knew it wasn't boredom or Erectile Dysfunction (I still got erections in the AM), or even the back pain. It finally dawned on me when trying to figure out why I had no libido when remembering that my sex drive had always superceeded my pain, the hormones ultimately always would eventually outweigh the pain. It was that thought that made me connect the rest of my symptoms and I asked my doctor to test me after explaining my suspisions. Keep in mind I am only 29 years old, my level was 64 ng/dl my range was supposed to be between 364-1199 ng/dl for a man my age. I was hust prescribed androgel so hopefully everything improves,
You people are asking your doctors about your numbers and they say your results are in the normal range.  Different labs have different tests that result in different "normal ranges."  Ask the blood lab for a copy of your test, it will show the normal range for their test.

Also, while there may not be a separate set of charts for different age ranges, the fact is that "normal" (or at least average and median) T level goes down as we age.

My tests read 299 on a normal scale of 250-1100, and 47.5 on a scale of 35-155.  I asked my family doctor to be tested and described the problem (10 years of essentially being a eunuch - i was able to successfully have and complete intercourse twice in that time  and yes in my 30s i was a total stud).  So if the T treatment leaves me with no balls I don't think I'll be much different.  I don't want romance, I don't want sex, cialis/levitra/viagra don't do a thing, i've lost muscle mass,   I've been able to get enough of an erection to masturbate twice in the past 3 years, and was only half hard when I ended ejaculating, which isn't that much fun.  My energy level is quite low.  Oh and I was married to a beautiful woman 25 years my junior and she couldn't turn me on, except that oral sex worked beautifully - but I couldn't expect her to just give me oral over and over with nothing for her (she didn't like oral).  Ok this is tmi.  Anyway my family doctor said the test was expensive and the normal range so large that insurance wouldn't pay for the test and he wouldn't order it.  I checked, my insurance pays for the test, so I got my pain specialist to order it, and he indicates he'll pprobably prescribe the shots.  BTW that family doctor is gone for incompetence in this and other areas.

Let me clarify - rationally, i want romance and sex, but physically i just don't give a damn about it.  I just turned 50 and this started fairly suddenly at about 37.  It is complicated by my diagnosis of bipolar disorder at 39, which added about 6 medications to my regimen (and side effects galore) and thus I am only now getting around to being assertive about taking action for low T.

I for one am going to try the therapy if prescribed it.
Apply for ssdi, and 4 months later apply for reconsideration.  If you're one of the lucky 30%, they'll approve you.  If not, get a lawyer (works on commission, part of your back pay if you win, no charge if you lose), and file for a hearing before an administrative law judge.  60% of cases are approved at this level.  That just leaves 10% unapproved that would need to appeal to a federal district court.  The process generally takes about 2 years (mine took 20 months, 14 of which were waiting for the hearing, and then the judge made a summary decision (granted me ssdi without the actual hearing) based on the evidence.  So I would encourage you to apply again, appeal, and then get a lawyer.  I am a regular in a chat room for bipolar people, and have heard this same story about getting ssdi over and over.

Oh, and don't worry if they review you.  They reviewed me at 4 years and haven't since (I've been on it 11 years now).  But my mom knew a paraplegic who got reviewed every year!  Just be honest and consult your lawyer if you're not sure how to answer a question.

-Mike
Men are also affected by low sex drive.  I'm not a doctor and I don't know if your man has low-T.  However, I know what a total lack of sex drive and performance ability for 12 years has done to my ego, self esteem, and the pleasure I (used to) get out of life.  It may not apply in your case but when a man who is used to having really great sex 3/night 3 nights/week goes down to once a month, and then to never, it affects him emotionally too.  Regardless of your man's T level, it sounds like he has some additional issues...even with my almost total impotence i still would like to sleep with and cuddle with a woman, just not with the sex included.
I believe HCG causes cell growth and increases metabolism.  It stands for, I think, Human Chorionic Gonadtropin.  It's critical for the development of a fetus and that's why it's known as a "women's" hormone.  It's one of the steroids athletes use to bulk up (often against the rules of their sport).  It causes muscle growth.
Your doc is stubborn i am 49 and just last week had my level tested.  Was 287 and was prescribed androgel 1% your level is borderline failure, 250-1100 is considered normal. U are 7 points above acceptable. My doctor put it like this, you should be between 500-1000.  After only 2 days of treatment i am feeling a tinge more manly so to speak and feel my mind and libido feeling slightly better. Get rid of that quack and go see a different doc.  For crying out loud
Hi I am a 24 male and i wanted to know what is the the normal testosterone level for someone my age because I have an erection at least every 20 minutes can you email me cameron.***@****
No offense but it seems to me that your not concerned with "Low T" which is clearly the topic made subject of this entire thread.  The rest of us wish we had erections every 20 minutes....like we did when we were 20 years old as well.  You do not have Low T problem. In fact, u dont have a problem.  Just get yourself a gf or  at least a bottle of jergens, play sports, enjoy your raging hormones bc you are wasting our time.
I am 30 my test level was 135 today too low to be treated.. I have to retest in the morning Saturday. I'm freaked out any advice? I'm healthy weight and workout but do take pks daily would that effect the results of my test if I had taken 6 the day  of the test.?
One thing I've learned from insurance companies and pharmacist trying to get Low-T medicines; it is much easier to get narcotics than it is getting medicine for just wanting to show love for your mate. Narcotics kill and they pass it out like candy. This game is really twisted.... Stop looking at scales to see what is normal because we are all different and there is no one size fits all in diversity. What may be normal for one may be abnormal for another individual. We are all from diverse cultures and we should not be measured the same. Cecil cell anemia is a Black culture disease....
Very Interesting read. Seems like a good place to vent.
First off, Jerrold, as a gym rat in a former life before everything went pear shaped it is not about just working out. My knee has been killing me for 3 weeks now from sauntering around an antiques mall for an hour. It's like being in the desert with an 1/8th of a tank of gas and no gas stations exist anywhere.

As I hit my late 30's I started getting sick a lot. low energy. Started trying to figure it out. tried no wheat for a month. day 3 energy shot through the roof. Ended up with trying to go gluten free. Took a while as it wasn't as "popular" back then. Then my energy started waning again.
Had my Thyroid tested last year. Hypo. It helped pull me out of the "foot in the grave" feeling but again started waning.
Testosterone test. 6 failed attempts at a blood draw from anylabtestnow.
First test came back 161 total, 4.8 free.
Switched clinics. Tested again. a week ago. came back 187 in early morning. Don't know the free.
Another blood draw Friday to get some more stuff tested and verify Test.
Find out why my T is low. We'll see.
I'm 47. I have a Varicocele since early teens. My Dad had one too. I also have lipomas. My girlfriend thinks I may have one pressing on my pituitary which seems a reasonable possibility.

I'm so tired of being tired. My workouts throw me on my *** for days. I end up taking 8-10 hour naps at the end of a week just to keep up. Little to no sex drive. Even Sildenafil is only somewhat effective but I feel so detached from its effect.

Should find out next week what the next step is.

I also am overweight but for no reason it would seem. no junk food. I recently completed the whole30 and I'm still going on it. I've lost 20 lbs. and I need new clothes but my energy levels haven't really improved like a  lot of people say happens. I have a very poor metabolism.

I haven't been able to have a solid normal poop since I don't know when.

I've also shrunk 3/4" of an inch Height wise.

Ime in the UK and my testosterone came back at 5.0 ..I feel dreadful
My total test is 1100, is this to high?  My doctor said its normal but I have read the normal range is 400-800.  I'm 30 years old.
I have had all the symptoms described in this thread for a couple of years now!  Low sex drive, no energy, irritability, generally feeling like I'm not well!  I thought it was old age I'm 57 and I saw the commercial on TV about low T!  I was tested and found I had a 70!  Been on androgel for two years!  Felt better for a few months and went back to the way I felt before!  Just got retested and found that I am back to 70 and I'm not absorbing it properly!  I told the doctor that I was quiting the androgel because I felt no different and he suggested the last test!  We will start injection therapy next!  I am hoping this will help!  Reading this thread has given me new hope since I was just going to give up roll over and die!  The worst part isn't the loss of the sex drive its the irritability that I cannot control!  I have become the Mr nelson I use to dislike on Dennis the Menise when I was a kid!  I didn't realize all those symptoms were connected.  
Hi I don't have low T, but I know a thing or two about it! This is for all you guys - DON'T LET YOUR DR GIVE YOU THE SHOT EVERY TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It needs to be injected 100/150mgs (.5 / .75cc) every WEEK!! As testosterone cypionate has about 7 day half life. If you only get it every two weeks you'll be up down up down etc. Learn to do the shots yourself. It's not hard.
My husband who has always been active sexually with me, became tired, exhausted, unable to keep erection lately.  He's 59 and it has gotten worse and worse.  His regular MD said his  level of T at 247 was normal, but he had a male coworker who recommended a place who does the T therapy.  They said his levels should be much higher, so started with T shots every week.  Same as water as far as any result in energy.  He works long hours & hardly ever gets enough sleep, but I've noticed in last year or so he gets tired very easily.  After 6 weeks of T shots, they did the T pellets in his hip.  That was a couple months ago and his T level is up to 1000!! BUT, no difference to speak of in his energy levels.  He comes home, just wants to crash on couch.  Nothing has changed in the sexual department either.   He's grouchy, gets extremely frustrated when things don't go right, just miserable most of the time.  And seems to almost resent any loving attempts from me.  I think it's almost patronizing to him when I tell him he's handsome or sexy.  His blood level is thick now from the pellets, so they told him to give blood...  I'm suggesting he go to a urologist, get checked for heart blockage, etc... He had normal blood ranges in everything back before he got the T therapy, but that doesn't show heart problems, and possible other things.  
I just wanted any suggestions, plus to suggest checking other possible problems in body causing poor circulation.  
He doesn't work out.  Says he doesn't have time, but the truth is, he just doesn't feel like it!  He's pooped!
I think that all this effects the mental attitude toward everything.  The little train starts saying "i don't think i can, i don't think i can...." and it's a vicious cycle.  If everything checks out well and he doesn't get better, there is another possible fix.  Implant therapy.  
Difficult for me to see him like this & not a pleasant time for me either.  Help!  Please, no vulgar remarks!! Just sound advise from someone who really knows.
Please Buddy, get a new Doctor A sexless man is no good and 257 Testosteron in not for you tell you Doctor to run his testosterone in the 200 not for a healthy sex life. So many good Doctors out there that will help you.
I also have been on 100mcg Fentenal pain patch and also dilaudid, have been on pain medication for almost 10 years now as a doctor botched my neck surgery. I am 54, 6ft, weigh 210, but I have always been big from working out. I walk my dog 3 miles a day and feel fit,  but about 4-6 months ago I started feeling fatigued, had no interest in sex, which is extremely unlike me, and so I told my MD, he suggested the test and it came back 135 and 28, both extremely low. He just did 3 more blood tests and I go to see him on Friday to get results. Needless to say I am terrified based on some of the the things I have read while doing research. Interesting about the pain meds though.
I had all the symptoms as most low t men, got tested and it showed 150. I am 55 fat 250lb 5 foot 9 inch. I had the desire but my equipment would never finish the job. My doctor put me on axiron one pump per arm pit a day. I have a 1255 level now she said  way to high and to go to one pump a day instead of two. That level changed that quick in 30 days of therapy. I am always in the mood maybe to much so looking forward to the half dose to see what it will do. I did notice my beard grows faster so I think that has to be from the axiron also.
Testosterone levels may be different in the morning, evening, night.
However, the important thing is the cause of impotence and reduced testosterone levels. I think you need to read the following article "Statins May Lower Testosterone, Libido"  http://www.webmd.com/erectile-dysfunction/news/20100416/statins_may_lower_testosterone_libido
I just don't think you guys understand. Just how important our physical appearance is to us women. We've been raised our entire lives to hang our self worth on how attractive we are. We tried not to buy into it, but we did. Hook, line, and sinker.

I can hardly explain how much it hurts when I dress nice for my man. In a low cut top and something that shows off my curves. And we're walking down the street and men are like glancing out of the corner of their eyes or maybe downright staring and my boyfriend doesn't even notice. I makes me feel so horrible. There is only one person in the whole world that I want to notice me. Only one person in the world that I want to think that I'm beautiful. Only one person in the world that I want to be sexy for, and he's oblivious. It makes me feel worthless. It makes me feel invisible. Like what the hell is wrong with me?

Or maybe I'm walking around the house in nothing but a night gown, staring at his package like it's a piece of chocolate cake and he says something like, "Oh hey lemme take care of the dishes tonight you had a long day." And he gets up and walks away. And you know what!? When he does thoughtful things like that it is such a turn on! It just makes me want him more. This wonderful, thoughtful, caring, GORGEOUS man loves me. And all I can think about is sex. And I just start crying and then he comes and comforts me. Like, how long is he going to put up with that?
I started being tested two years ago at age 53 and was 230.  I started the pumps and went down to 150.  Then the under arm stuff and dropped to 130 in three more months.  I have waited 8 months and thinking of starting a plan of weekly shots as I have leveled off now at about 130.  Any body else not have any positive results using pumps?
I tried several topical applications and they did not work for me at all.  I have been on shots for a year and its quick, easy, and effective.  There is a great Facebook group for TRT if you want to check that out for the most recent protocol and informantion
I have a T Level of 89 ng/dL, yes 89 and my Dr said it was normal because I am a type 2 diabetic. I needed to convince my Dr to let me try Androgel. Should I get another Dr?
Mike:

You need to find an anti aging doctor.  They have a society that certifies them to be competent.  I know of one in Dallas and one in Newbury, Ohio and one in NYC.  Dr. Linda Waki Ho-Dallas/Hawaii; Dr. Richard Silver, Newbury, Ohio, and Dr. Michael Aziz, NYC.  These doctors are experts and understand this issue.
Don't start any injections until you see an endocrinologist!  Regular doctors don't have the information or I hate to say it just want to get a billable. The low T might be a symptom of another issue such as thyroid, pituitary, or adrenal problems.  If you take the T shots or other artificial stimulation your body will stop doing its job.  This can create other issues down the road.  

I know, I'm experiencing these issues after three years of T injections.  Don't do it is my advice.  
I'm a 42 year old male wasn't sleeping well no energy. I was wounded in Iraq in 2009 I need to find out what was wrong so I had my t level checked I was 257 then again a month later 301. I went with pellets hormonal replacement now I'm sleeping great sleeping well lots of energy my t levels are 950 range... I have no idea about the chart for t levels but I feel great the best in years !!
needs ckd for prostate cancer
I am 52 yrs old, 6'5" and weigh 245lbs and have hypogonadism.
Let me give you a quick history: I knew something wasn't right, I was lethargic, moody as hell, had these quick intense waves of depression and my libido was dropping. This is the short list but like with most of you I came up with an excuse for each problem. I blamed the libido on the BP meds I was taking for my migraines and my moods and depression on work.

I noticed a guy I worked with made some sort of turn around, he was happier, had more energy so I asked him what he did. He told me to get a blood workup. I thought, hmm, ok. I couldn't believe it, my T was 248 and free was 8. Of course my GP said that's normal, don't worry about it. So I went to an endo. She tested me again and I was still very low.

She gave me the choice of gels pills, injections etc. Since I have a family I went with the shots. Well lets just say I am persistent because a day after my first shot I got really sick for like 2 weeks with a really bad cold but I stuck to it. So once the cold was over I was like come on, when does this stuff kick in. I was extremely impatient and was looking for instant results. After a couple more weeks I did notice an improvement in my mood. I was much happier. Then my libido improved. Of course impatient again so I asked for ED pills. I tried Cialis first. Wow, worked great but god worst stuffy nose and neck pain ever. Then I tried Viagra and that wasn't as good and got a bad headache. Levitra! Yeah baby! This stuff was perfect. Only lite flushing and very lite stuffiness. Well I use it once a week roughly and I can tell you it helps. When not on the Levitra I noticed I'm getting close to the same sensitivity and hardness as I was in my 20's. I did a ton of research and everyone doing TRT that was having the same reaction to the Cialis and  Viagra all loved the Levitra. I bring up the ED drugs because they do help with getting your buddy back in shape as your test is going up.

So I have been doing the injections for 3 months now and got my first test back. My T is 780 and my free is 35. Woo Hoo! I am pretty hyped. I haven't felt this good in a long time. So far so good. Not sure it will go any higher but right now I am happy. Btw I do workout and eat well.
Viewing 201-204 comments: