UROLOGY
FORUM
Numbness of the penis
by wolfbone, Jan 24, 2006
I am a 34 year old male who in the past 7 or 8 years has noticed my penis head has become completely numb. No feeling at all. I have a normal sex life and masturbate, I think, as normal as everyone. Note-sex 3times a week and masturbate maybe once a day out of 5. I had seen a doctor years back and he gave me samples of vigra. Which made it real sensitive, but had a headache and not to mention didnt solve my problem. I can get erect and stay that way. But no feeling. My doctor also sent me to a neorologist and all was fine. I have seen things online that say not enough sleep or hernia could cause that. Or I have might have shut down a blood vessel somehow.I have noticed on occasion my penis is dry, during masturbation or afterwards. I have even tried to take a rest from it all and go a few weeks with nothing and see if that helps. No difference. Pretty much the only way I can *** is through masturbating while watching porn or really concentrate during sex.  Please help.
Answer:
by Kevin Pho, MDBlank, Jan 25, 2006
Infection should be ruled out.  This can be done via a urine test or urethral swab.  STDs like gonorrhea and chlamydia, as well as UTIs can present with this symptom.  The prostate can be evaluated with a digital rectal exam or ultrasound.

I would also obtain some blood tests to look for metabolic diseases like diabetes or thyroid disorders.  

With a neurology referral, that would make peripheral nerve disorders less likely.

You can consider an ultrasound to evaluate blood flow to the penis.  

These options can be discussed with your personal neurologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_b
Member Comments (1)
by fiend_for_knowledge, Jun 27, 2008
A related discussion, numbness/ tension? in penis was started.
by harry11, Jul 24, 2008
A related discussion, penis numbness was started.
by headseyewin, Jun 10, 2009
A related discussion, numb penis was started.
by drzal, Mar 25, 2010
A related discussion, numb penis is it damaged forever? was started.
by Edzmeduppz, Jun 16, 2011
I waz at a vegas trip fore like 4days with two girls and one night me and one of the girls smoke some marijana and joseC... Shots  then later that night my penis and my balls want fully numb out of no where. I think i've been drugged.. Or what was the numbness for?
by goodluck133, Jun 08, 2012
A related discussion, is thyroid cause for numbness in penis ? was started.