Urology Expert Forum
Odor from inner groin area

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Odor from inner groin area
I'm a 21 year old male and I seemed to have developed an odd odor from my inner groin area.  The odor is similar to the smell of a woman's vagina.  I would also like to mention that before this smell occured I was experiencing slight discomfort in my penis.  It never was never painful, it was only a slight irritation in my urethra.  I have also noticed that my urine has adopted a strange smell as well.  The smell of my urine almost coincides with what kind of food I eat - my urine smell like the food I eat sometimes.  Sounds weird huh?  Your input is much appreciated.
A fungal infection can be very common in the groin.  You can have this area looked at to ensure this isn't the case.  The groin is generally a moist area - making it an ideal location for fungus to grow.  There are a variety of anti-fungal creams to help with treating this disorder.

I would also be tested for various forms of STDs - with urethral swabs or urine tests.  A physical examination of the prostate can also be considered.

You can discuss these options with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b
0
A related discussion, Odor from inner groin area was started.