Urology Expert Forum
Ojects in the urethra.

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Ojects in the urethra.

Hello Dr.

I have a strange question but feel as though this is a legitimate concern.

Recently whenever I masturbate I have flipped the lid of my lotion open by pressing it against the corner of my desk. I have just now noticed that the edge of my desk is made of plastic that is slightly frayed and very small fragments of plastic were deposited in the lotion around the the nozzle of my lotion bottle after opening it. I am concerned that I could have been masturbating with these small fragments and that they could have possibly entered my urethra. I noticed this a few nights ago but wiped what appeared to be all the lotion with plastic fragments off the bottle. However I am still concerned since I have done this a handful of times recently without paying attention to the bottle.

I'm not positive that these small fragments of plastic (anywhere from the size of grain of sand or 2,3 times larger) entered my urethra, but I am concerned that there is a chance I have put myself in a position to get an infection or have toxic materials inside of my body that could later result in cancer.

Is this something to be concerned about? I usually urinate after any sexual activity but not every time. Would this clear out my urethra? I suffer from anxiety and would like to hear a Doctor's thoughts.

Thank you so much for reading.
I find it hard to believe that you have done any damage to your urethra. In order to force particles down the urethra you would have actively pushed them in with an object, Any  particle that were around your meatus (the opening in your penis through which you ejaculate and urinate) as well as any particles that somehow got in  a short distance would readily wash away with urinating and ejaculating.  
Relax! You are fine!
S.A.Liroff, M.D.