Urology Community
One-time Bleeding from Urethra, Lingering Discomfort

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

About two weeks ago, I went to urinate, and could feel pressure building up inside my urethra, a familiar feeling to when, after ejaculation, there is sometimes a build-up in the urethra that causes your urine stream to "fork" into two separate streams briefly before it is cleared away.  However, this time, it seemed to not be breaking, and, when it finally did, not only did the urine stream "fork," but it was accompanied by an initial burst of EXTREME pain.  As I regained composure and finished urinating, there were 5-6 drops of blood dripping out of my penis into the toilet.  Did I rupture something inside or damage my urethra?  There hasn't really been "pain" while urinating since, but there has been a steady "discomfort" near the head/tip of my penis ever since.  It had lessened over the course of a few days. I masturbated a few times without issue, then, last week, after masturbating, the discomfort level seemed to spike again.  I iced again and have not masturbated since, and the irritation level seems to be subsiding.  However, I still have this constant vague sensation, much like how when the tip of your penis chafes the inside of your underwear.  It doesn't feel "painful," but "irritated."  There has not been a trace of blood since the first incident a few weeks ago, and there hasn't been any significant discoloration of urine (other than the usual after taking a multivitamin or something with extra Vitamin B in it), and, most of the time, the urine stream is clear.  I would really appreciate some insight into what could have happened?  Thank you!
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include GU infections, inflammations, trauma, erosions, ulcers, growths/ masses, calculi, neuro-muscular causes etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a urologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hop this is helpful.

Take care!