Urology Community
Ongoing severe abdominal pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Ongoing severe abdominal pain

34 year old male- On March 28 I went to the ER for severe abdominal, flank pain. Advised I had a 3mm kidney stone that would not pass. After a week of severe pain a cystoscopy and ureteroscopy was performed with a stent placement. Stent removed after 2 days. I was advised that during the procedure there was swelling of scar tissue in my ureter and is was difficult even getting the scope in.  Eventually stone was removed.  Stent was placed.  2 days later is was removed.  6 days later i was still experiencing waves of extreme flank, abdominal pain. After running fevers of 103+ hospitalized for pyelonephritis. ICU for 3 days. Bacteria results enterococcus faecalis. Released from hospital. I continue to experience waves of extreme abdominal pain. WBC down to 11.9 (from 28 in hospital) Kidney function ok. Large blood remains in urine. What is going on? I have waves of intermitent severe, drop to your knees, pain.  I have been in constant pain for over 3 weeks now.   Can't take it anymore!