Urology Community
Overactive bladder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Overactive bladder

As of maybe a week or two ago my bladder has been overreacting. I'm only 19, and I've never had this problem before. Is it going to just go away eventually? I frequently have the urge to urinate, even right after doing so. And when I do, it's in very small amounts. I don't wake up in the middle of the night, though, to use the bathroom.
I'm 34 and I have the same problem!  Urgency and frequency without pain.  You could have a UTI.
I am 32 and in the last 3 months I started urinating very frequently. On a side note I have one functioning kidney but I have had only one for years.  The kidney is perfectly healthy as if I had donated the other one. I have been to a Nephrologist and to the Urologist.  The urologist told me I was not voiding my bladder completely. I feel like I am as full amounts were coming out each time I go.  The problem is I urinate sometimes every 30 minutes and sometimes every hour.  If I am lucky I can go up to 3 hours without urinating but at that points it almost hurts.  I have had CT scan, ultrasounds ( internal and external ) urine cultures, urine tests, blood tests.  All suggest my 1 functioning kidney is doing great, there are no infections and I am otherwise healthy (save my anxiety). My doctor just put me on something for an over active bladder.  I am really freaked out to take meds as I don't want to start damaging the good kidney. Should I insist on more tests?  I feel your pain and hope you gets answers soon!