Urology Community
Overactive bladder
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Overactive bladder

As of maybe a week or two ago my bladder has been overreacting. I'm only 19, and I've never had this problem before. Is it going to just go away eventually? I frequently have the urge to urinate, even right after doing so. And when I do, it's in very small amounts. I don't wake up in the middle of the night, though, to use the bathroom.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I'm 34 and I have the same problem!  Urgency and frequency without pain.  You could have a UTI.
Blank
1778927_tn?1381882347
I am 32 and in the last 3 months I started urinating very frequently. On a side note I have one functioning kidney but I have had only one for years.  The kidney is perfectly healthy as if I had donated the other one. I have been to a Nephrologist and to the Urologist.  The urologist told me I was not voiding my bladder completely. I feel like I am as full amounts were coming out each time I go.  The problem is I urinate sometimes every 30 minutes and sometimes every hour.  If I am lucky I can go up to 3 hours without urinating but at that points it almost hurts.  I have had CT scan, ultrasounds ( internal and external ) urine cultures, urine tests, blood tests.  All suggest my 1 functioning kidney is doing great, there are no infections and I am otherwise healthy (save my anxiety). My doctor just put me on something for an over active bladder.  I am really freaked out to take meds as I don't want to start damaging the good kidney. Should I insist on more tests?  I feel your pain and hope you gets answers soon!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank