Urology Community
PUS cells

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

PUS cells

I would like to ask regarding the PUS cells of my aunt which is 35-40 what should she do about it? thank you very much her weight is 155 lbs, height 5" 6 and she have a high blood pressure. Thanks again.
Avatar dr m tn
Normal numbers of pus cells are up to 5 in males and may be up to 10 in females. The presence of pus cells in urine is also called pyuria, and is defined as >10 pus cells / microlitre of urine. Increased number of pus cells may reveal some destructive or healing process in the urinary tract, anywhere from kidney to the bladder.

It can be found in UTI, kidney diseases, polycystic kidneys, prostate causes (in males) and UTI with gonorrhea or Chlamydia. then it can be due to UTI. Chlamydia is an infection caused by the Chlamydia trachomatis bacterium and is spread from person-to-person through direct sexual contact. Chlamydia can be passed during vaginal, anal, or oral sex if you do not use a condom every time you have sex.

I suggest you to consult a urologist for your aunt and get these possibilities ruled out.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.