Urology Community
Pain/Pressure/Tingling in Bladder Area, w some burning, Negative UTI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I am a healthy 35 yr old female About a month ago 2 days before my period i had a bad pain in my right kidney, kind of a sore & stiff feeling..it lasted for 2 days, I figured it was just a UTI coming on so drank a gallon jug of 100% cranberry juice..the symptoms went away..I started my period & had a BAD PERIOD..lots of cramping & bleeding..2 days AFTER my period I began having a pressure, pain & kind of burning sensation in what FEELS like my bladder..(my pubic bone region) It SOMETIMES burns with urination..BUT NOT BAD..The burning/tingling seems to run downward from the bladder area to the INSIDE of my pee hole..NOT THE OUTSIDE (if this makes sense) This comes & goes...I sometimes get some nausea with this & am very tired anymore! I OF COURSE figured with the kidney pain that I had BEFORE my period this was just the UNTREATED infection coming back. I took a POSITIVE UTI test AT HOME & headed to the HEALTH PLUS figuring that was the problem ,BUT..... their test was negative & even the culture grew negative...The pain got BAD along with a low grade so give up & off to the ER I went.... I have been to the ER twice & the GYN as well...All cultures from GYN & ER come back fine, all blood tests & UTI tests as well were fine..Due to the pelvic pain the ER dr searched & found a 2.2 CM cyst on my right ovary...Then sent me home..NOT A SINGLE DR has told me if the cyst could be causing the bladder pressure/pain..but I have read on line that it could be..OF COURSE I have been tested for UTI's but all negative..I have tested at home myself 3 times all of which Leukocytes were present in my urine EVERY TIME. I Dont know what to do..seems the ER Dr's cant find anything..they also done a CT scan with contrast & said all they seen was pelvic fluid but COULD NOT tell me why it was there?? Can ANYONE help me out..This feels JUST like a UTI, but all test are negative. Could this be from the Cyst, or a  kidney stone trying to pass..a bladder infection that just didnt show up on test (UTI)??? Anyone..I am so desperate & due to the fact that I cant even leave home anymore with the sensation & peeing every 30 minutes I am becoming SO DEPRESSED.  Any advice is appreciated!
Maybe it's time to see your gyn.  It might be a problem of that nature instead of urological.  Sometimes we think we have pain in kidneys etc but it is something else.  I had cysts in ovaries and endometriosis when I was younger and had similar symptoms.  I just wouldn't assume it is urological.  If you can find a gyn-urologist (some gyn practices have them), that would probably be even better.

Hope you feel better soon, I know it is miserable.
Hi..

Thanks so much for your input!! I have seen a Gyno..they DID find 2 cysts..one on each ovary..the largest only being 2.2 cm, but I do feel like some of the pain/pressure IS coming from it!!!  All Pap & Cultres were great as well!!! Also, I passed 2 tiny kidney stones last night..I think this is some of my problem as well..Feel a good bit better today..still tired & weak, but I think that is from being sick for a month now!! LOL..Thanks again for the input...Also I DO think you are right about the Endometriosis..I have terrible periods....VERY Heavy Bleeding & Severe Cramping..I have to take a pain pill for the first 2 days to get through it & then I wear TWO pads at a time...soaking through them within an hr to two!!! Does this sound like that may be the problem to you??? If so, how is it diagnosed..I have heard the only was is through surgery????

Thanks so much for your help!!!!!!!