Urology Community
Pain Urinating After FoleyCath

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Pain Urinating After FoleyCath

I am a 22-year-old male who just had a standard appendectomy, literally 20 hours ago. After being put under general anesthesia, a foley cath was inserted and then removed once the operation had been completed.

While recovering at the hospital I urinated and felt awful awful pain in my penis. I mentioned this to the surgeon and he said that was normal and that it would begin to subside over the next 24 hours.

Here at home 20 hours later it has made almost no change in intensity, and it might actually be getting worse – although I might just be imagining that due to my frustration with the whole problem.

Im living in fear of the next time I have to urinate but obviously hydration is going to be key to healing after surgery and thought I should ask the expert.

Will this go away anytime soon or does it sound like anything else you might be aware of?

Any tips to alleviate the pain.

Much Thanks-