Urology Community
Pain after cystoscopy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Pain after cystoscopy

Hi, I am 38 years old female. One month ago had cystoscopy done, reason was weird scratchy mild pain in urethra
not during urination and not every day. Prior cysto all blood and urine tests, including CT scan were negative. After cysto have constant low abdominal pain, pain in bladder, sometimes sharp (that makes you freeze) and non stop pain in urethra with urgency. It's been a month and I am afraid Dr. did  something wrong ( he did take biopsy from somewhere in urethra, but otherwise cysto exam was negative). Could Uro doctor damage something during exam, I've never had bladder pain before procedure. Please help!
Dear Yelena245:

The same thing has happened to me. I had a cysto almost a week ago and I am having the same kind of pain you are. All of my tests are negative, too. I am on Cipro to ward of any bladder infections, but that's it. I'm so angry. I have no answers for you, but I just wanted you to know that someone else is going through the same kind of misery you are. Why don't doctors warn us about the possible side-effects of cystos before they perform them? NOT FAIR!
Exact same for me. It's been a week, and I have pressure in the vaginal area and urgency. Did another urine test this morning, and going back to see the doctor tomorrow, so I'll update as I hear more! Please update me if your symptoms worsen/improve. Thanks!!!
What did the doctor say when you went back and is pressure and urgency gone?