Urology Community
Pain after ejaculation and old blood in ejaculate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

About 6 weeks ago I had some dark blood in my ejaculate and about 2 weeks after that my left testicle became very swollen and red.  I also had pain in my groin area on that side.  I went to the emergency room for this and was diagnosed with an infection.  I took a round of antibiotics and the swelling went away, but each time since there has been varying amounts of old blood in my ejaculate.  Two days ago there was quite a bit of old blood in it and afterwards I had pain in the area between my anus and testicles.  Should I see a urologist?  
Avatar dr m tn
The presence of blood in the semen (ejaculate) is also called hematospermia. Blood in semen can be caused by many conditions affecting the male genitourinary system.These include infections like herpes,Chlamydia,cytomegalovirus or trichominiasis ; inflammation of the prostate (prostatitis), epididymis (epididymitis), or urethra (urethritis) ; calculi (stones )in the seminal vesicles or prostate ; polyps in the urethra ; ejaculation-duct obstructions ; abnormalities in the seminal vesicles and benign or malignant tumors.

Diagnosed by physical examination and investigations like urinalysis,semen analysis and ultrasound and MRI.Treatment will depend on the diagnosis.So pls consult a urologist and get yourself evaluated.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.Kind regards.