Urology Community
Pain after passing kidney stone
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain after passing kidney stone

I passed a small kidney stone last Friday. Ever since then, I have had a stabbing/spasm-like pain in my left flank. It isn't severe, but more like a 5 or 6 on a scale of 0 to 10. It is persistent though, and quite annoying! I am wondering if it is normal to have pain after passing a stone, or if I may still have another stone? I have had many stones before, since I was like 13 years old, and I have never had pain AFTER passing.  I think it is probably just because the stone sort of "tears up" your ureter while it is on the move. Maybe the tissue is just damaged and trying to heal. Anyways, anyone ever experienced this pain post-stone? Please let me know when it went away or what you had to do about it. Thanks!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello,
This pain may be due to another kidney stone present in kidney or struck up in ureter while passing. I suggest you to get an ultrasound done to confirm the diagnosis. Till then drink plenty of fluids and water.
I would suggest a urologist’s consultation to confirm the diagnosis. Hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Blank
1668236_tn?1308160026
Thanks Dr. Singh!
As it turns out, you were right.  I woke up this morning with severe flank pain again. I went to the ER, had a CT, and discovered that I have "several" kidney stones in both kidneys. I guess that explains the on again - off again pain! I will be seeing a urologist on Tuesday. Thanks for your advice!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...