Urology Community
Pain and Numbness after Ejaculation?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Pain and Numbness after Ejaculation?

Hi Doctor,

Is it weird to have prolonged pain that shoots up to the bottom of the ribcage and down to the knee, followed by superficial numbness spread around the body for at least an hour (and even longer in the genital region) after ejaculation? This sensation began about three days ago; the tenseness will stay in my leg and in my abdomen, but I usually can't feel much of anything in my genitals afterwards unless I am checking to make sure everything is okay, after which I feel pain there again.

Some background: I've had a case of epididymitis since December and was treated with Amoxillin (before/right when the swelling began for an unrelated case), Bactrim, Doxycycline, and Levaquin, the last of which seemed to help the most in reducing pain and inflammation; my urologist now wants to put me on a round of amitriptyline since the inflammation has not totally receded and since there has a decent amount of pain. Urine test both before and after a prostate exam have been negative, and both ultrasounds I've done seem to be normal, with the exception of some small, bilateral hydroceles. I've come to expect some pain after ejaculation, and I've had pain that has radiated through the same range before, but never quite as prolonged as now, and never with any sensation of numbness that follows after the intense pain. I also fell on my left hip pretty hard a couple of weeks ago that caused some paresthesia (though I may have injured my right one too without realizing it; the epididymitis is also mostly in my right testicle), but that injury has since gotten considerably better. I am currently nineteen years old.

Thanks very much for your time and patience.
Also, as a follow up, what are the odds of bacterial epididymitis being missed by a urine test? The first one I had came back negative, but the Levaquin still brought down the swelling considerably back in February when I took it.

Thanks again.
The referred pain into my abdomen has gotten a bit worse.