Urology Community
Pain and Swelling in Male Groin Area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Pain and Swelling in Male Groin Area

I am a 50 year old male. I have had pain and swelling that comes and goes in my lower left groin area. Can you tell me what this could be?  Also, what is down in that area besides my colon?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
The swelling that you describe could be an inguinal hernia. The other possibility is enlarged inguinal lymph nodes. These could be due to infection of the genitals or even due to foot infection.
It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Doctors couldnt find anything and prescribed antibiotics for 12 weeks. Turns out I have an anterior pelvic rotation caused by an SI joint issue. That caused groin pain that led to epididymytis.  Now seeing a physical therapist that is using a traction table to decompress spine and adjust pelvis. I had noticeable relief after the first visit! None of the doctors found it so I did research and the therapist confirmed my finding! If you are suffering from chronic epididymytis,  look at your pelvis!