Urology Expert Forum
Pain at bottom of kidney 2-weeks after removing ureter stent
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain at bottom of kidney 2-weeks after removing ureter stent

I have pain at the bottom of my kidney just behind the bottom of the rib cage.  Seemingly in the same location as the top end of a ureter stent that was in place for 24 days.  The stent was removed 12 days ago.  For the first few days afterwards I noticed a decrease in lower kidney pain.  For the last 5 days, I have had a mild but constant (and probably growing) pain at the location described.  It seems worse than when the stent was in.  Five days ago, was experiencing chills but no fever.  Went to doctor had urinalysis, no infection was found.  Have not had a fever but have experienced chills every day (I live in Florida so this is strange.)

What could be the possible causes of the continued kidney pain?  A ureter obstruction? continued iritation of the area iritated by stent?  Should I take a wait and see approach (will go back for ultrasound in 10 days) or immediately inform doctor?  

History.
5 weeks ago had kidney stone diagnosis.  Had doctor perform cystoscopic surgery to retrieve stone.  Doctor failed to get stone but put in first stent.  1 week later.  Doctor removed stent and told me stone would pass in day or so.  1 day later was back in emergency room.  Had CT, new doctor told me I had a perforated ureter and needed a stent.  New doctor retrieved stone and installed 2nd stent.  1 week later had CT scan with contrast to check on perforation.  Doctor said performation was closing or had closed.   2 weeks after that (24 days total 2nd stent time), the send stent was removed.  1 week after stent removed, went to clinic for urinalysis which was clean.  It is now 10 days later and I present with the condition above.

Thanks
sfmn