Urology Community
Pain below waist

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Pain below waist

For about the last 5 days I have been experiencing pain almost like muscle tightness or sorness below my waist i the upper pubic region. Also, my semen has been very watery and volumous. Up until a couple of days ago I had not ejaculated for almost a month, but even today where I ejaculated twice the semen is the same. I also feel a little discomfort below my waist when ejaculating. Anyone have any thoughts? I was thinking prostatitis, but I haven't had any urinary porblems.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

The pain could just be due to muscle strain or could be indicative of other causes.

Have you been able to void urine completely?

It is possible that you could have an inflammation of the epididymis, or prostate or the bladder or bladder stones that may be causing these symptoms.

It would be best to have a urinalysis done to check for bacteria in the urine, and start a course of antibiotics if bacteria are present.

Meanwhile,

Drink fluids in excess of 2000 ml per day.
Increase intake of vitamin C-rich foods, such as citrus juices.
Avoid caffeine and alcohol.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
Regards
Thank you for your response. I believe I have been able to void urine completely. I'll make sure to uptake my fluids. Would stress play a factor in my symptoms as well? I have been extremely stressed over std tests which will most likely come back negative. I have already tested negative for clamydia (chlamydia) and gonnorhea (Gonorrhea). I'm not sure if they looked for any other bacteria in those urinalysis tests.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
hi,

Unaccustomed sexual activity and too frequent ejaculation after abstinence can cause a dull ache or soreness of the abdominal muscles.

Increased volume of semen (over 5.5 ml) is considered abnormal and may cause fertility issues.

Nomal semen volume is between 1.5-3 ml.

Stress usually causes semen production to decrease. But, there can be individual variation in this regard.

Urinalysis would have looked for the presence of any bacteria in urine, so if it said negative, then there would have been none.

Regards
IAM HAVING BACK AND WAIST PAIN.AND ALSO MY SPERM HAS SOME SOLID LUMP .WHICH BACTERIAL IS RESPONSILE FOR THAT ANDALSO AM HAVING SOME MOVEMENT INSIDE MY BODY