Urology Community
Pain during urination and high white blood cells

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

for three days i have pain during urination , i went to doctorhe took urine test and he told me i have bacteria and high white blood cells, he gave me antibiotics if i will still have painfor 5 days i have to go back for STD test. i am very afraid whaat this could be. Please help me.
Thanks for writing to the forum!
You are not symptom free if the antibiotic you took does not kill the bacteria. What you need is a urine culture and sensitivity test done. This will tell you what organism is causing the infection and what antibiotic will kill it permanently. Please do not take any antibiotic without this test because if the organism is not sensitive to the antibiotic, it will only sit quietly for some time and then flare up again.
A STD test is done to diagnose sexually transmitted diseases like syphilis, Trichomonas, gonorrhea, chlamydia, Herpes, hepatitis and HIV. Blood and urine samples are taken to test for various diseases. These are in a way simple tests.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!