Urology Community
Pain in Lower Back, Right Testicle, Right Leg, Numbness in Foot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Hey everybody.

For the past two weeks or so, I've been in a lot of pain. Earlier in September, my foot started going numb. It would be after I was sitting for a period of time, and usually happened the worst when I was driving. (Specifically to my college campus, about a 20 minute drive.) I've been a type 1 diabetic for 17 years (Only 19 years old), and I figured it was a complication of diabetes, but I've taken good care of my numbers for my entire life. Throughout this entire time I've had a pain that comes and goes in my lower back as well, I'd say about midway between the middle of my back and my butt. I think it was either September 30th or October 1st, I was at work standing and started to get a dull ache in my left testicle. I thought "No big deal, just 'blue balls'". Well the pain continued to get worse and worse, until the point I was about ready to get up and go to the hospital for fear of torsion. Eventually, the pain subsided slightly and I was so tired I fell asleep. When I awoke the next morning, no pain, until I started moving around. Instead of being a combination of sharp stabbing pains and a dull ache, it was just a dull ache. I went to a walk in clinic and was given a prescription of Doxycycline and was told I "probably have some inflammation or an infection". It helped but the ache still occasionally returned for the first few days, then disappeared. Two days ago, I started getting pains in my right leg. In the thigh, all the way down to just above my foot. Like a cramping, charlie horse kind of pain. Then, the pain spread up to my lower right abdomen. I figured I had just pulled a muscle or something. Now tonight, the pain is back in my testicles, but for the most part only in my right one, though I have felt it in my left one once or twice. It will come as a sharp stabbing pain then quickly leave. Like for seconds at a time, then nothing except the dull ache again. My lower back has been hurting throughout all this as well. I've read online that this can be due to Anxiety/Stress/Depression, and I have a history with all three, and currently have all three right now due to college, paying for college, too many hours at work, all that fun stuff. But also, I read this can be caused due to a herniated disc in my back, which would explain the back pain, also my Dad has had a lot of pain and problems due to discs being screwed up in his back. Can anybody please offer me some insight on what to do or what this could be? It's really affected my life as of late, I've been constantly in some sort of pain and I can't stand it.