Urology Community
Pain in Penis and Frequent Urination

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Pain in Penis and Frequent Urination

27 year old male.

I recently had unprotected oral sex with a first encounter woman.

Within a few days I noticed a slight burning pain in my urethra.Within a couple of weeks I went to see a urologist. They took a urine sample, and found white blood cells. They said they were going to send the urine off to diagnose what type of bacteria was in it. They never did this, so I did not return to this urologist out of frustration as I had waited over a week to find they never did the test. He thought it may have been prostatisis.

A week after this I went to a general physician who did an STD blood and urine test on me. Everything came back negative AIDS, gonorrhea, chlamydia and syphillis (syphilis). They gave me a shot of rocephin and a 7 day dose of doxycycline. These did not help at all. During day 6 of treatment on the doxycycline, I developed frequent urination which hasn't gone away.

A week after this I went to see a second urologist, who again thought this is prostatisis. He put me on a 14 day prescription of Bactrim, which again did not help. I am going to meet with this urologist on Tuesday 9/3/2011 and I would like to know what I should ask him about my future treatment and testings. I am getting very discouraged that I will not improve as I have tried several antibiotics and the urine strips still show I have white blood cells in my urine samples.

Please if you have any advice or ideas as what could be wrong, please let me know. Or if you have any advice on better preparing for my appointment on Tuesday, please help.

Thanks in advance.

Avatar_dr_m_tn
Apart from STD’s like Chlamydia and Gonorrhea, prostatitis and urethritis also should be ruled out.  Besides pain, other symptoms may include a burning sensation during urination or erection and a discharge from the urethral opening at the tip of the penis.

I feel that you should consult a physician and get a swab sample of the urethra examined under the microscope. it will clear any doubts. Treatment will depend on confirmation of diagnosis.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.