Urology Community
Pain in Testicle Area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Pain in Testicle Area

Hello everyone. I am a 20 year old man. For about two weeks I've been having pain in the scrotum area and although it was on and off occasionally last week, the pain is now an everyday occurrence.  It isn't the scrotum itself (my balls aren't aching), rather the pain is coming from behind the scrotum and below it. Its hard to describe since I'm only used to using layman's terms but the pain feels like "blue balls" but not as painful, comes mostly when I sit down and slowly fades when I lay down or stand up.

Not sure if any of this information helps, but I will give it anyway:

I've recently lost weight, have gone from eating junk and having a high sugar diet to eating more fiber and healthier foods in portions. ( fiber diet for an internal and external hemorrhoid.) I suppose I might be having more salt than I should from pizza and sunflower seeds I've been consuming in the last 2-3 weeks.

I used to masturbate alot (2 months ago, 2-3 times a day) then kicked the habit and only do it occasionally now.

Got my bloodwork recently and all was good, had my testicles examined by doctor and he said everything was normal, and went to a Gastro. doc who examined my rectum for the internal hemm and said he felt nothing else out of the ordinary.

I stand most of the day for my job (started in April), but before I used to sit around most of the time before I got my life back on track.

When I finish peeing I push whatevers left out with my hand starting below the scrotum, not sure if thats bad or not.

I've been dehydrated the past few days due to work (the water they give us is nasty)

Peeing is normal, clear when I drink more water, yellow and/or cloudy when I don't. Sometimes burns when it is really yellow.

Can't think of much else to say, but the pain does get worse the more I pay attention or think about it. Please don't write this off as all in my head because the pain will come out of nowhere and I will not be thinking about it at all or have forgotten it completely. If anyone can help I will be grateful.
Forgot to add that yesterday I was also in pain under my belly at the same time this was happening and I think they are both connected.

Also have back pain in lower ride side.
Hi!
The first thing to be ruled out is orchitis or infection or inflammation of testis. Only orchitis will present with some redness and swelling in the testicular area. Pain in testicle could also be due to infection, like prostatitis and epididymitis.  Get a culture sensitivity test for both semen and urine done. Also it could be due to referred pain of kidney stones. An ultrasound of the lower abdomen will be able to rule out kidney stones. It could be due to cancer of testis. It could be due to varicocele or spermatocele. An ultrasound of the testicles will diagnose cancer, varicocele and spermatocele. Hernia and hydrocele are the other possibilities. Please consult an urologist as a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net. Treatment will depend on the diagnosis. But since you have pain in belly and back side--kidney stones could be a possibility. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.