Urology Expert Forum
Pain in bladder after urinating

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Pain in bladder after urinating
for the past month i have been unable to eat very much because i get full after only a little food. then these past 2 weeks i have been having upper and lower abdomen pains. now for the past few days after i urinate my bladder is having a sort of gas like pain, i think it is my bladder, it is the lowest part of the abdomen i suppose. what in the world is happening to me?

Can't say for sure without examination.

The bladder symptoms should be initially worked up with a urinalysis.  This can evaluate for infection - which would be the most common cause.  A cystoscopy can be considered if the symptoms continue.

Regarding the upper abdominal pains - an upper GI series is a reasonable initial test for the upper GI tract.  An ultrasound can be considered if negative.

For the lower abdominal pains, I would start with an abdominal CT scan to evaluate the appendix as well as for diverticulitis or colitis.  

These tests can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_b
0
A related discussion, bladder pain after urination was started.