Pain in both kidneys
About 8 months ago I had a kidney stone. Since it didn't pass on its own, surgery was required. Upon further review, I was told I had another stone in my right kidney.

Well, since the surgery I've had dull aching pain that was originally only in my right kidney, but now I quite frequently have the pain in both the right and left, but not at the same time. I first thought it was because I drank a can of soda once in a while, because I noticed right after I drank it there was always pain. But I've since stopped drinking soda at all, and the pain is still there. This pain occurs every day for a period of 20-30 minutes. I've not had any other real symptoms.

Any help would greatly be appreciated,
Justin
Hello Justin87,

I do understnd your problem well. You need to be further evaluted by your urologist to look for any secondary stones or a recurrence of the stones. Get an ultrasound done.

Best
    How are you? Renal colic can be asymptomatic and symptomatic. Symptoms range from flank pain, urinary tract obstruaction, fever, chills, nausea, vomiting to severe azotemia and urosepsis.

Causes for the formation of renal colic can be inadequate hydration, diet comprising of animal fats and too much calcium, infections, errors in metabolism which lead to accumulation of some salts preparing a ground for the formation of stones in the kidney, malfunctioning of the kidney etc.

It is advised to get a ultrasound of abdomen done along with DMSA scan of both kidneys which would reveal the functioning capacity of the kidneys. Along with these certain lifestyle changes would help you relieve from the symptoms like hydration, hygeine, reducing cholesterol and calcium in diet etc.  

All the best.