Urology Expert Forum
Pain in penis and groin area
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pain in penis and groin area

About 3-4 days ago, I began feeling pain in my groin and penis. Initially, there was some minor pain and discomfort in the fleshy area around the base of the penis. This quickly subsided and over the course of a couple of days, I began feeling pain in my penis itself. Although most of the pain seems to be in the head, I have been feeling pain along the sides of the shank area. It's kind of strange as the pain never really seems to be only in one location. I have no problems urinating (no pain). The pain isn't intense...in fact, when I first noticed it, I thought it was simply tenderness from some recent sexual intercourse. My wife and I have a very active sex life. But after a couple of days, I began to realize it was more than this. I've also noticed that I have an occasional drip of urine from the end of my penis, but this isn't with any regularity. Currently, the pain is at the head of my penis and there is also some discomfort around the base of the penis and around my testicles. In general, most of the discomfot is felt while sitting. While standing, I feel little to no pain. The amount of pain isn't really affected by depressing the areas of skin around the area in pain. I've recently been putting on some additional weight and the fleshy area around the base of my penis seems somewhat fleshier than normal. However, this may be normal because of the weight I've been putting on. I don't inspect the area around my penis with any regularity.

Thanks in advance for the information and advice.

Regards,
                                        Chris Thompson