Urology Expert Forum
Pain in right groin right side and back area

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Beginning in December on an airlight flight I began having groin pain.  A deep pain like it was being squeezed, but it was not painful to touch.  The pain was intermittent coming off and on depending on how I moved or sat (also had right lower stomach pain and back pain.  As the pain became worse, about 2 months ago I went to my family doctor who did blood tests, urine tests, MRI, and an ultrasound.  They found that I have bone deficiency on the border and have began taking calcum treatment; but could find no reason for the pain.  The doctor said he felt it was probably a strain and that if this didn't work he'd refer me to a surgeon for exploratory.  It has been well over a month since then and the pain has increased to an extreme constant pain.  I cannot see what exploratory surgery will do when there were no results to the test.  HELP - where do I go from here?
Causes for groin pain include a hernia, prostatitis, scrotal infections (if you are a male), as well as gynecological causes (i.e. fibroids, cysts) if you are female.  

You noted that an ultrasound and MRI were negative.  If you are male, I would consider tests for prostatitis (i.e. digital rectal exam with culture of the prostatic fluid) as well as a scrotal ultrasound to evaluate the anatomy of the scrotum and look for epididymitis.  

If you are female, a referral to a gynecologist can be considered for further evaluation.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Thanks,
Kevin, M.D.
0
A related discussion, Groin Pain was started.
A related discussion, nephritis was started.
A related discussion, Pain in Gron right leg side was started.
A related discussion, Can my pain be related to my back problems? was started.