Urology Community
Pain in right testicle day after intercourse/ejaculation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

5 weeks ago i was admitted to the ER with a burning during urination and slight tenderness at the testicles.  I was tested for STD's per urine analysis which came back negative.  The doctor deemed it as a possible UTI and I was on a regimen of Doryx 150mg qd X 14d.  I abstained from any sex for the duration of treatment.  The burning had long subsided and I engaged in intercourse with my partner, who 2 days later found out she tested positive for chlamydia.  I had been off of the Doryx for about a week when I found this out and went straight back to the doctor to receive treatment for chlamydia infection.  I was treated this time with doxycycline 100mg bid X 7d. 9 days later I was feeling ok and engaged in intercourse but the next day my right testicle was pretty tender feeling and my scrotum was very droopy.  I abstained for intercourse for several more days until it felt normal, then after engaging again I had the same symptoms. Now the testicle almost always feels tender but more specifically it feels like I'm lugging around a bowling ball down there, very heavy feeling. And anytime I am in motion I can feel it clanging around uncomfortably.  Also more recently I feel a pressure between the anus and testes and it hurts to sit for long periods. Most likely I am in need of an ultrasound of the testes and another STD test, but according to my doctor I have no symptoms of the chlamydia, as there is no discharge or burning during urination, PLUS I have taken two courses of antibiotics to kill any bacteria.

I do have an appointment with my GP tomorrow and I will update if he makes any immediate diagnoses. I'm guessing that I'll be subjected to more testing before I hear anything.

Do these symptoms point to any one condition? I listed all of my symptoms and everything else is as usual.  Urine looks good, not cloudy and most importantly does not hurt or burn on its way out.  Temperature is normal, as is my blood pressure.

I'm kind of scared of what they are going to find and I really don't want another prostate exam, but fortunately that only lasts a couple seconds.  It's the urethral swab that I fear most as I have never had the displeasure of having that done before.  Does it hurt really badly?

THanks for your help
What's a guy need to do to obtain some information on this site. ...waiting in my dr.'s office now. I'm hoping to get some antibiotics and pain killers to ready what I now suspect is a case of epididymitis after reading several articles and medical journal entries on the subject.
Doctor prescribed ten day regimen of cipro  because he didn't know what else to do I think. He referred me to a urologist in case the cipro doesn't clear it up.
On day 3 of cipro and feeling none better, but none worse either.  Are these maybe symptoms of a hernia? My dr.seems to be a norton and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't catch that of it were.
Day 7 out of ten of cipro treatment and really no results. I thought it was feeling better, but my scrotum is still like twelve feet long. That alone makes me uncomfortable. I really don't have much if any pain in the testicles. The pain in my perinium is fine and was probably from sitting to long I guess. I still haven't had an ultrasound due to not having any insurance, but am still remaining hopeful that the condition subsides over the  course of the treatment.  Please can someone offer some insight? So far this website is pointless and i have not received any help at all.