Urology Community
Pain in testicles and gas

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Pain in testicles and gas

I am a 25 year old overweight male. I have recently been diagnosed with unilateral gynecomastia ( I thought I had male breast cancer). I have read that bilateral gynecomastia could be a sign of testicular cancer, but I have unilateral. I have no family history of testicular cancer no lumps, consistency is the same as is size. No other symptoms. Sometimes the epididymis on the left testicle is a little bigger than the one on the right. I am not infertile. No lowered libido, but had some problems with maintaining erections with a partner never have the problem when I am alone. I think it is psychological. Heart is okay, no diabetes, cholesterol is a little high, and I used to smoke marijuana and cigarettes habitually. I take viagra sometimes. No fever, night sweats, blood, pain when urinating or ejaculating.
     I have been having pain in my testicles over the last two weeks. The pain rotates between the two testicles it usually happens when I am sitting down or sometimes laying on my stomach. Often if there is pain I can walk it off or shift positions and it goes away.  Sometimes when I feel pain in my testicles I feel like there is pressure in my stomach and I feel like I need to fart or defacate when I do the pain goes away. My doctor made me do a hormone test to check my estradiol, testosterone, cortisol, hepatic profile, and dhea levels. I get the results in two weeks. After I took the test I did research on what he was checking for and the worst case being either tc or a pituatary tumor. My testicles started hurting around that time. Sometimes I have blurry vision and headaches I work with computers and live a sedentary lifestyle. I am really hoping that is what is causing these symptoms minus the gynecomastia. Sometimes my but starts to hurt before the testicles hurt.
     I have read that testicular cancer rarely hurts, only about 6% of people with tc present with gynecomastia usually bilateral, lowered libido (not erectile dysfunction) and most have hard painless lumps. I understand that you cannot make a diagnosis online but given the information above what are your thoughts?

I think the first step is to see if there is a testicular mass. If it is absent, then the odds of having testicular cancer is remote. None of your symptoms can be exclusively linked to testicular cancer and may be explained by a problem in the pituitary (the vision changes may be anatomically related here) or with hormones.

Gynecomastia may be a feature of  syndromes with a predisposition for testicular cancer.  Testicular cancers that produce gynecomastia have been documented, but these represent only 2% of all testicular tumors. Hence, you may be thinking backwards here. If your hormonal changes are not corrected, you may have an increased risk to develop testis cancer (for which you may want to have regular visits with your doctor), more than the possibility that there is already testicular cancer responsible for the gynecomastia and other changes.

Discuss things with your doctor.
Thank you so much. That was really helpful and makes me feel better. I have no mass in my testicles that I can feel, unless there is one inside? Is that possible if so likely? Testicles are almost exactly the same as each other, except for the thing I spoke about with my left testicle. The syndromes you speak of I would think you are talking about klinefelter syndrome, undescended testicle, hypogonadism I have none of these I think I'm not 100% about the hypogonadism. Normal size testicles, penis, body and facial hair, overweight but have semi muscular build........ I am hoping it is just a hormonal imbalance.

My main symptoms are:

Unilateral Gynecomastia, erectile dysfunction libido is fine, testicular pain, stomach pain or fullness caused by excessive gas which is relieved when released, headaches (not all the time) accompanied by eye pain which is relieved if I push on my eyes, blurry vision, blank stare, difficulty concentrating, weird overall feeling like something is not right.
Anyone else have any thoughts?
This may be alittle out of left field, but i think I can explain your pain-in-the-testicles worry. Recently I switched over from boxers to those bikini-type briefs that most guys tend to wear. Alot of times these are too constricting, especially when sitting down. My suggestion is if you are wearing tight underwear, loosen it up. Just today I was diagnosed with Gynecomastia (which I expected) after finding what I thought would be a cancerous growth under my nipple. Mine too appears to be unilateral  but they assure me its bilateral. I as well have had problems keeping an errection with a partner but I would have to agree that it is probably more pshycological than physical.

Just remember, sitting, even with your legs open, still puts alot of "hang" on your testicles. At times you may not notice but you may close your legs and be crushing your testicles without really noticing. Try to get up at least once an hour and walk around, wear loose underwear, and remember whenever you hurt your testicles, your going to get a stomach ache.

I dont know if my explanation was any help. Hopefully it was
While with my partner I felt a slip or tear, didn't seem like much, but over time had problems urinating, never had this problem before the tear feeling, went to doctor, tpld that all blood work is neg, took a CAT scan of my abdomin (abdomen), results normal.  I had pain in my groin area that seemed to spread to the back of my legs.  Saw another doc who told me I didn't have a hernia.  I felt safe to go back in the water thinking I had a muscle strain.  While ejaculating I got sensation that Urine was going to enter my streem of seemen.  Now I feel like I need to keep using the toilet, I also have a pain on the right lower side of my of my abdomin (abdomen) that hurts constantly,like a bloating sensation, that,feels better when I pass gas..I have a hard time pushing when either deficating or urinating because it feels like I'm going to rip something. Please help  
I feel I have a very silimar problem. I've had a syst in my left testicle for nearly 10 years which can cause some discomfort however the last month or so I've been getting a different pain.
It feels like a testical ache and pressure in my stomach/pubic area. As soon as I release gas it seems to make it fade or go completely. No lumps that I can find. Any idea what could be causing this?