Urology Community
Pain in the penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Pain in the penis

Hello.

About six months ago i had intermittent, random sharp pains on the tip of my penis.  I went to see a doctor and he gave me some antiobiotics and the problem went away.

About two weeks ago I noticed these sharp pains again.  Also I noticed a throbbing pain throughout my penis.  I went to to the doctor and explained the problem.  I also told him i wasnt experiencing any symptoms such as pain during urination or any sort of discharge.  He gave me some antiobiotics again and the pains went away.

Three days ago, I started to getting lower abdominal pelvic pain.  I figured this had something to do with something I ate because I was also experiencing diarhea (diarrhea).  

Now as my diarhea (diarrhea) has gone away the majority of my abdominal/pelvic pain has receeded. However  my penis still randomly hurts, and my left testicle hurt for a while although this went away.  Also my penis sometimes hurts 5-10 minutes after ejaculation.  However this only happens sporadically.

Also i took a urine test which came up clean, no WBC's puss or mucous threads.

I havent had my prostate checked.. but i have no other symptoms of prostatitis (with regards to any problems urinating)

Is this a case of chronic pelvic syndrome?
Should I wait it out or should i be concerned?
My doctor didnt seem concerned and never mentioned anything about checking my prostate
(i dont know if makes any difference but i am 27 years old)
Sorry but i had a follow up at the doctor. He checked my prostate and said it was not tender or inflammed. He took a sample of semen to check for bacteria.

If my prostate is not inflammed what is causing these symptoms.
Everything thus far has came up negative, urine tests, prostate.

Is this a case of non bacterial prostatis?
update: the doctor checked my semen and no infection was found. So he diagnosed me as having non bacterial prostatis.

What is your urologist doing to try and treat/help your non-bacterial prostatis?
My urologist thinks I may have something similar, but so far the only treatment I have been given is multiple courses of antibiotics
Thanks much
What kind of antibiotics did you doctors give you?
I have been coming down with non bacterial prostatitis for many years now. On top of this I have also had bladder and kidney infections.
At the age of 35 I had a resection of the bladderneck and prostate. No cause was ever found for the prostatitis.
Currently I have had an indwelling catheter in for the last 2 and a half years due to other problems with the prostatic urethra. Most of the time I'm experiencing minor to severe pain.
It seems that prostatitis is not very well understood. I also think that no two cases are a like.

All the best,

Ron
A related discussion, how to find prostritis was started.
How long should u wait after having stent removed to have intercourse?  From wait I have seen online is two weeks and after urine is clear and blood is gone! I honestly can't wait two weeks.. need to know ASAP!
A related discussion, BENIGN RENAL TUMOR was started.
A related discussion, Chronic Lump was started.
A related discussion, Penis tip pain was started.