Urology Community
Pain in the penis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain in the penis

Hello.

About six months ago i had intermittent, random sharp pains on the tip of my penis.  I went to see a doctor and he gave me some antiobiotics and the problem went away.

About two weeks ago I noticed these sharp pains again.  Also I noticed a throbbing pain throughout my penis.  I went to to the doctor and explained the problem.  I also told him i wasnt experiencing any symptoms such as pain during urination or any sort of discharge.  He gave me some antiobiotics again and the pains went away.

Three days ago, I started to getting lower abdominal pelvic pain.  I figured this had something to do with something I ate because I was also experiencing diarhea (diarrhea).  

Now as my diarhea (diarrhea) has gone away the majority of my abdominal/pelvic pain has receeded. However  my penis still randomly hurts, and my left testicle hurt for a while although this went away.  Also my penis sometimes hurts 5-10 minutes after ejaculation.  However this only happens sporadically.

Also i took a urine test which came up clean, no WBC's puss or mucous threads.

I havent had my prostate checked.. but i have no other symptoms of prostatitis (with regards to any problems urinating)

Is this a case of chronic pelvic syndrome?
Should I wait it out or should i be concerned?
My doctor didnt seem concerned and never mentioned anything about checking my prostate
(i dont know if makes any difference but i am 27 years old)
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Sorry but i had a follow up at the doctor. He checked my prostate and said it was not tender or inflammed. He took a sample of semen to check for bacteria.

If my prostate is not inflammed what is causing these symptoms.
Everything thus far has came up negative, urine tests, prostate.

Is this a case of non bacterial prostatis?
Blank
update: the doctor checked my semen and no infection was found. So he diagnosed me as having non bacterial prostatis.

Blank
What is your urologist doing to try and treat/help your non-bacterial prostatis?
My urologist thinks I may have something similar, but so far the only treatment I have been given is multiple courses of antibiotics
Thanks much
Blank
What kind of antibiotics did you doctors give you?
Blank
647273_tn?1292094741
I have been coming down with non bacterial prostatitis for many years now. On top of this I have also had bladder and kidney infections.
At the age of 35 I had a resection of the bladderneck and prostate. No cause was ever found for the prostatitis.
Currently I have had an indwelling catheter in for the last 2 and a half years due to other problems with the prostatic urethra. Most of the time I'm experiencing minor to severe pain.
It seems that prostatitis is not very well understood. I also think that no two cases are a like.

All the best,

Ron
Blank
A related discussion, how to find prostritis was started.
Blank
How long should u wait after having stent removed to have intercourse?  From wait I have seen online is two weeks and after urine is clear and blood is gone! I honestly can't wait two weeks.. need to know ASAP!
Blank
A related discussion, BENIGN RENAL TUMOR was started.
Blank
A related discussion, Chronic Lump was started.
Blank
A related discussion, Penis tip pain was started.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...