Urology Community
Pain in the testis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Pain in the testis

My left testis in giving me pain and not same in size, it became a little bit bigger than the other one. I can feel a lump also. What's the best thing to do? Thanks.
Tags: Urology
Welcome to the forum!
In all probability there is inflammation of the testis called orchitis. Pain in testicle could be due to infection, like prostatitis, epididymitis or orchitis. Get a culture sensitivity test for both semen and urine done. Only orchitis will present with some redness and swelling in the testicular area. Also it could be due to referred pain of kidney stones. An ultrasound of the lower abdomen will be able to rule out kidney stones. It could be due to cancer of testis. It could be due to varicocele or spermatocele. An ultrasound of the testicles will diagnose cancer, varicocele and spermatocele.
An excruciating pain is often due to testicular torsion and needs surgical intervention ASAP to save the testis.
Hope this helps. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage without examining you. These are just a list of possibilities. You should see an urologist regarding this. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!