Urology Community
Pain in tip of penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Pain in tip of penis

About 4 months ago I managed to trap my penis in my zip, during the act the frenulum snapped. About a week later I started experiencing pain in the tip of my penis. I visited my local doctor and was on antibiotics for 3 months. Long story short, after examination by my urologist I was diagnosed with probable prostatitis. I am in pain most of the time, unable to sit at my pc at work and only get relief when in a hot bath.
My question is, could the pain be due to something else and if it is Prostatitis what can you recommend for my life to become a little less painful.

Anthony
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? What other symptoms are present? What diagnostic tests were  done? Prostatitis is a frequently painful condition and may be caused by acute bacterial prostatitis, chronic bacterial prostatitis, chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome, and asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis. The chronic prostatitis  is the most common but least understood form of prostatitis. Treatment will depend on the specific type: the bacterial forms of prostatitis are treated with antibiotics while the nonbacterial prostatitis may  be different. Changing diet or taking warm baths, and prescription medications may help. However, if this persists, additional diagnostic tests may need to be done to determine the underlying cause. Seeking another urologist's opinion may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.