Urology Community
Pain in urethral opening when urinating and ejaculating
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain in urethral opening when urinating and ejaculating

I'm a 26 year old male (uncircumised).

I have been experiencing a burning/stinging pain in and around my urethral opening for the past 6 weeks. The pain is particular accute just after ejacuting and/or urinating, however the discomfort is present most of the time. There is also a red rash 'halo' around the opening itself.

The symptoms first began a few weeks after having unprotected sex 2 months ago, however I have visted the sexual health clinic twice over the past 6 weeks and all urine samples, blood samples and swabs have come back negative for STDs.

In light of my testing negative for STDs, my doctor suggested I may have a yeast infection, yet I saw no improvement after using Canesten thrush cream on the area for 2 weeks.

My symptoms persist and I am at a loss as to where to go from here. Any advice/suggestions welcome.
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections (STD’s or non-STD’s), inflammations, trauma/ injuries, erosions etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a venereologist and a urologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949