Urology Expert Forum
Pain on left side of groin area

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Pain on left side of groin area

I have been having this pain in the left side of the groin area since December.  I hope that I am saying the correct area ( about an inch to the left of the penis area.  It is a little swollen.  I can urine with no problem.  I went to my doctor in December twice and he informed me that is was my muscle and have me IBUPROFEN 600MG.  I went to see another doctor who I know personally and he think that it is the same thing.  But, this is not about 4 months and I sometimes have pain all up and down my left leg because of this.  The right side is fine.  Other than that I am normal.  Help!!!  Who or what type of doctor should I see that can give me the real deal information?
Without examination, it is difficult to say for sure.  A groin strain is the most likely cause, but other things are possible - including a hernia or inflammed lymph nodes.  If you had a recent GU infection, lymph nodes are more likely.  

You can consider imaging the area (i.e. with an ultrasound or CT scan) to determine if there is a hernia.  A referral to a surgeon can be considered for further examination.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b
1 Comment
0
0
A related discussion, spasms in the testicles was started.