Pain on left side of groin area
I have been having this pain in the left side of the groin area since December.  I hope that I am saying the correct area ( about an inch to the left of the penis area.  It is a little swollen.  I can urine with no problem.  I went to my doctor in December twice and he informed me that is was my muscle and have me IBUPROFEN 600MG.  I went to see another doctor who I know personally and he think that it is the same thing.  But, this is not about 4 months and I sometimes have pain all up and down my left leg because of this.  The right side is fine.  Other than that I am normal.  Help!!!  Who or what type of doctor should I see that can give me the real deal information?
Without examination, it is difficult to say for sure.  A groin strain is the most likely cause, but other things are possible - including a hernia or inflammed lymph nodes.  If you had a recent GU infection, lymph nodes are more likely.  

You can consider imaging the area (i.e. with an ultrasound or CT scan) to determine if there is a hernia.  A referral to a surgeon can be considered for further examination.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b
0
0
A related discussion, spasms in the testicles was started.
A related discussion, Complex case: Lymph Node inflammation or Groin Pull ? Cause for inflammation? was started.