Urology Community
Pain on the left side between ribs, hip & back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Hi I have been having left side pain on & off for about one year..its a stabbing pain between my ribs hip & my back it only last seconds but its bad enough to bend me down & takes my breath away... but about a month ago or so the pain got constant like a burning sensation & the stabbing pain I still get about 2-3 times a day it just depends the stabbing pain only last 2-3 seconds...So I went to Urgent care & they said I had blood & white cells in my urine. They gave me pain killers & antibiotics for 7 days..but the pain pain killers ibuprofen 800 mgs didn't help so I went to my pcp 6 days later & he admitted me to hospital thinking it was kidney stones, since I had also had chills, nausea, and a bit of a fever....They gave me antibiotics for 2 days at the hospital and morphine for pain. I also I got a CT scan without contrast @ hospital & it came back negative so I was released. I went back to my pcp the next day which the pain wasn't as severe anymore, he sent me to get a vaginal & regular ultrasound to make sure it wasn't ovaries cysts or anything like that. he gave me oxycodone & sent me to an urologist & I have the apt in 11 days but the pain comes & goes & Im tired of taking pain killers. What can this b? The pain sometimes gets worse by sitting..Im 32 female & exercise 5-6 times a day, I eat healthy & drink lots of water... but with this I haven't been able too exercise =(
Hi!
Since there are no kidney stones, the other possibility is pinched spinal nerves and colitis. IBS, Crohn’s and diverticulitis are the other possibilities. Maybe you should see a gastroenterologist and a neurologist. If you have had any previous surgeries then adhesions is another possibility. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.