Painful Penis Poses Problems!
I'm a 44 year old male in excellent health generally (BP 110/62) 6'2" 188 lbs.  Over the last few months, I have had a significant pain about 1/4 inch down the length of my penis. It is a burning sensation particularly after urinating but it remains constant afterwards without subsiding. The only time it feels relatively normal is following an evening of sleeping and only until the first urination. I've looked into the urethra and it appears red and "wet." I've seen my regular doctor six times and a urologist once.  I have had urine tests (no white blood cells, no chlamydia or ghonorrhea), blood tests (syphillus, HSV-1, HSV-2), swab cultures a cystoscopy and two manual prostate exam and all the tests have been negative for everything but an iron deficiency (unknown cause but have had two endoscopies and one colonoscopy ruling out internal bleeds).  Notwithstanding the lack of any infection, I was prescribed and took Levaquin for 14 days, then doxycycline for 10 days and am in the middle of a 14 day regimen of  sulfamethoxizole (sp?). The pain comes in different waves of severity, sometimes just bothersome, others nearly incapacitating. It subsided at one point for 4 days then came back with a vengance shortly thereafter. The GP is about to throw up her hands in surrender: the Urologist prescribed "urelle" and sent me on my way.  I'm in utter agony and it is affecting my sleep, my work and my relationships.

Any thoughts about possible causes or ways I can steer my doctor to search? What about other pain medication that might treat the symptoms? I realize it is small on an illness scale and I feel foolish presenting such a minor problem to this forum but I am not myself while this thing continues to nag me. Your help will be greatly appreciated!
I am also a 40 year old male in generally good health, I encounter similar symptoms regularly, especially after sex and more so after masturbation, this may sound strange but I noticed when the elastic from my underwear is tight or tight fitting pants around the waist triggers this sensation after urinating, I know sounds strange, that is why I am also at my wits end, and responded to your question to see if you experience anything similar to what I just mentioned. PS my check ups were also normal cultures, prostate, blood, ect.    915joehdz