Painful urination and inflamed meatus?
I am 21 years old and have been diagnosed with epididymitis. With the diagnoses comes painful urination and pain on each side (left and right) of my groin/penis. I have been put on pain killers and a medicine for the epididymitis. Now I have an imflamed meatus and is making the urination much more painful. Is the inflamed meatus part of the epididymitis or could something else be wrong?
Hi there!

The inflamed meatus is unlikely to be a part of the epididymitis and could occur due to infections/ inflammations or trauma (friction/ injuries). If mild-moderate I would suggest waiting for the antibiotic course to get over (this may heal with the same antibiotic), avoiding trauma and wearing cotton underwear. If the pain is more than mild-moderate, you may consult your treating doctor for ointments such as lidocaine that may help relieve the pain.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!