Painful urination but no UTI?
Hi for the past day or so I have had pain after urinating. I went to the doctors today and had a test however nothing was found but a little blood, the nurse did say it was probably brought on by sex however it's quite painful now, not to mention irritating. Im just bit concerned really, anyone else have any idea?
surely the test would had picked up anything else too?
If the test was done on site I'm assuming it was an office urine analysis NOT urine culture that is sent off to the lab. I've suffered from chronic UTI's so I've had office urine analysis done many times and if the urine sample that they tested was not the very first one of the day (which is most concentrated) the office test almost always came out fine, but I insisted that the urine was sent to the lab for culture (the results usually take 2-4days to receive depending on the lab), and the urine culture always found bacteria in the urine that the office test did not.

Drink lots of water (2L/day), but if symptoms don't improve by tomorrow I would make another visit to the doctor and ask for lab culture and urine analysis. Try to go to the doctor with enough urine that has been in your system for at least 4 hours since last pee.

Hope you get better soon.
Hey thanks! I literally drunk my body weight in water, i drink alot of it anyway and it went away so GP said that I most likely flushed it out myself.
thank you! :)