Painfull Bladder Diagnosed Nuergenic bladder
I have had bladder problems my whole life by the time I was 22 I was wearing "Briefs" all of the time my symptoms consist mainly Urgency and frequency I dont get a sentation of a full bladder untill its usually to late and I void anywhere from 12 to 30 times a day depending , I have been to numorse doctors and had several tests the last vivst I needed to have surgury to remove a stricture although this procedure relived my freqency symptoms considerable ( I voided 40 to 50 times aday before)  it hasent affected my accidents  ,I have been Diagnosed with  Neurogenic bladder by three diferant doctors, I was prescribed Oxibutin Clhoride and although it relived my frequency and urge I still had acidents and I was in so much bladder pain I stoped taking it. My question for you is the pain has progresivly gotten worse over the years and I dont know if its the nuerogenic bladder or something else. the pain comes when My bladder fills and although I dont get an urge to urinate untill its usualy to late 60% to 70% of the time the pain becomes severe and after I void the pain recedes foor a sort time then becomes severe again, because the pain comes and goes so quickly I cant rely on this sign to go and empty my bladder as usaully I try to void but nothing and 30 mins later I have an accident.

Can you possinbly help? I have learned to deal with the incontience as nothing has helped me in this regard but is the pain a sypmtom of somthing else or a natural progression of my problem.

One consideration would be to remove any other causes of spasm - the most common being infection, so chronic antibiotic therapy can be considered if this becomes an issue.  I would test the urine to ensure this isn't the case.

A cystoscopy can be considered to ensure a bladder polyp or any other anatomic abnormality isn't causing the bladder to spasm.  

If incontinence and spasm because uncontrollable, then you may want to consider a permanent catheter - for instance a suprapubic indwelling catheter.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b
0