Urology Expert Forum
Painfull Bladder Diagnosed Nuergenic bladder

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

I have had bladder problems my whole life by the time I was 22 I was wearing "Briefs" all of the time my symptoms consist mainly Urgency and frequency I dont get a sentation of a full bladder untill its usually to late and I void anywhere from 12 to 30 times a day depending , I have been to numorse doctors and had several tests the last vivst I needed to have surgury to remove a stricture although this procedure relived my freqency symptoms considerable ( I voided 40 to 50 times aday before)  it hasent affected my accidents  ,I have been Diagnosed with  Neurogenic bladder by three diferant doctors, I was prescribed Oxibutin Clhoride and although it relived my frequency and urge I still had acidents and I was in so much bladder pain I stoped taking it. My question for you is the pain has progresivly gotten worse over the years and I dont know if its the nuerogenic bladder or something else. the pain comes when My bladder fills and although I dont get an urge to urinate untill its usualy to late 60% to 70% of the time the pain becomes severe and after I void the pain recedes foor a sort time then becomes severe again, because the pain comes and goes so quickly I cant rely on this sign to go and empty my bladder as usaully I try to void but nothing and 30 mins later I have an accident.

Can you possinbly help? I have learned to deal with the incontience as nothing has helped me in this regard but is the pain a sypmtom of somthing else or a natural progression of my problem.

One consideration would be to remove any other causes of spasm - the most common being infection, so chronic antibiotic therapy can be considered if this becomes an issue.  I would test the urine to ensure this isn't the case.

A cystoscopy can be considered to ensure a bladder polyp or any other anatomic abnormality isn't causing the bladder to spasm.  

If incontinence and spasm because uncontrollable, then you may want to consider a permanent catheter - for instance a suprapubic indwelling catheter.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b
0