Urology Community
Painless pea-size lump inside scrotum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Painless pea-size lump inside scrotum

A couple months ago I began to notice a small pea-sized lump on a tube within the bottom of my scrotum.

It is not on a testicle, or even near one, as if I pull my testicles up and hold them, the lump is nearly 2 inches away towards the base of my scrotum.

The lump is clearly attached to, or within a tube leading up towards my testicles/penis though.

I don't have any other symptoms, no other changes, and I'm not sexually active.

And upon recent examinations, it actually appears that the lump has gotten smaller.

What could this be?

Avatar_dr_f_tn

A lump in the scrotum may be a varicocele, hydrocele, an infection, a hernia,or may be normal structures that may be palpated during examination. Rarely do a scrotal lump be testicular cancer.

You have mentioned that the lump has decreased in size.Were there any associated symptoms like fever, pain in urination, change in the urine's character?

Continue testicular examination and watch for any changes or persistence of the lump. For your peace of mind a testicular ultrasound may be able to help.

Keep us posted regarding your physician's advise.
hi im 18 and I have the same thing a small bb like lump in my scrotum connected to a thin string like tube but not on the testical. doesnt hurt wen press it (painless)..
I have the same thing, its a small hard and painless pea sized ball/lump on my left side underneath the testicle attached to a small tube like thing i guess. it also looks like the veins that go down to my testicles (especially) the left one is bigger--although it always has been kind of big. I have no pain when I pee or ejaculate but i feel like my entire groin area is in pain/ sore but i could be imagining that part of it and again this pain has been there for most of my life since i was 10 even. by the way i am now 22. So other than the obvious go to the doctor response, which im going to see a general physician tomorrow to get his opinion then if serious, i guess on to a urologist. Please give me some insight into this
Yeah, I too have the same thing. I am 19, and have had a pea sized sphere attached to my left testicle for about 5 years now. It is a separate sphere, connected by what appears to be (feels) like a vein. It does not hurt unless pressure is applied. And i also sometimes feel a pain to the entire area, almost a nulling dull pain that goes away after a few seconds.. like the aftershock of an unfriendly kick.

I am not particularly worried about this. And to be honest probably wont bring it up unless asked by a physician.... I don't want to seem to forward you know.. Play it hard to get.. ;)