Partially blocked ureter
I have a partially blocked right ureter. I have had unbearable pain over the last week, resulting in an ER visit, which said 'yes you have an enlarged kidney', which I've always had from the partially blocked ureter. The pain is still there and the new DR says I should have a temporary stint put into place to 'see if that relieves the pressure'.  I am new to Boston, and just moved from DC. I've been monitoring this situation for 23 years (I'm 32), since it was discovered.

I'm looking for a second opinion as to what I should do. My blood work came back fine, my urinalysis says 'some type of infection'. so I'm on anti-biotics. Don't think it's stones, b/c i'm not in a 'crying' pain, but am in 8-9 of 10 threshold pain.

any help is appreciated. Getting a second opinion on urology is tough, appts are tough to get!